Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Armstrong tests positive?

That article was incredible. He hasn't even bothered to read the USADA report and he's quoting a text from an unknown source. I've hated that wanker since 1987.

that was the bit i chuckled at/was depressed by

a 'scientist' says on a text forwarded to you :facepalm:

it's like posting a chain letter on facebook ffs.

Wow - Nike paying half a million dollars to Hein to cover up a positive? I never heard that one. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/nike-left-footprint-lance-scandal-article-1.1184431 That's got to be jail time for somebody. But I doubt they can prove it.
Well, i guess they might be stupid enough to have left trails in bank accounts - without that, or at least other people backing it, it wil probably go down. Need to know what KL based her claim on. It might just well be nothing.

He promised to quit if Armstrong was guilty, now he's saying he can't quit because he signed contracts until 2016 or something. FFS, he needs to go now, not just because of LA but because he's become a shit commentator. It's sad because he was much loved in the '80s. But someone needs to start a petition to get him sacked.

He promised to quit if Armstrong was guilty, now he's saying he can't quit because he signed contracts until 2016 or something. FFS, he needs to go now, not just because of LA but because he's become a shit commentator. It's sad because he was much loved in the '80s. But someone needs to start a petition to get him sacked.

He was always shite at reading a race. Even Duffield, while waxing on about the goats cheese and snails he had the night before - had more nouse about what was going on. Same goes for Kelly vs Sherwen.

He was always shite at reading a race. Even Duffield, while waxing on about the goats cheese and snails he had the night before - had more nouse about what was going on. Same goes for Kelly vs Sherwen.
I think kelly always despised sherwen - the refusal to get close. Not that Sean was clean, i mean the race intelligence.

Levi Leipheimer sacked according to Twitter

I'm no fan of Leipheimer, but I have great difficulty taking this shit seriously from teams, whether it's OPQS sacking Levi or Sky telling us that they are shocked, shocked I tell you that Barry was ever on the hot sauce. If team bosses in pro cycling couldn't work out that there may be possible doping issues in the past of people who rode for Armstrong, then they are too stupid to be allowed to use scissors unsupervised.

The same goes for Greenedge (and Cycling Australia) with White.

It's just PR driven shit. I have more respect for Garmin's stance when it comes to ex dopers as they don't pretend that everyone on the team is a newly hatched cleaner era pod person, and then have to express shock and confusion when they discover otherwise. Unless you are running something like an U23 team, you simply can't pull together an entire pro operation with no "pasts".

I tend to think its more headline driven than that. Just like Sky's daft announcement that they are going to go around demanding admissions from their riders... And then sacking them if they do fess up. I think that's mostly intended to make it look as if they are doing something. But in practice if it has any effect at all it would be to strengthen omertà.

I tend to think its more headline driven than that. Just like Sky's daft announcement that they are going to go around demanding admissions from their riders... And then sacking them if they do fess up. I think that's mostly intended to make it look as if they are doing something. But in practice if it has any effect at all it would be to strengthen omertà.

With any other team I would agree with you*. But Patrice Lefevre? Really wouldn't surprise me.

* And the Sky thing is particularly silly. As you (I think) pointed out, honesty, openness and transparency are more important than PR.

Do we think, or does anyone think that in the end Lance will come clean ( no pun intended)? Whats the odds he confesses all in a book for which he receives a multi million $ advance, or is it now too risky for him to even contemplate owning up?

Truly fucking hope so, but I doubt it. I reckon the UCI will put out a generic bullshit response that they find the USADA case one sided and flawed, and nitpick over the tiniest discrepancy as claimed proof that it's inaccurate.
Quite possibly, but i was really talking more about the flaking off of his prominent public supporters.

Do we think, or does anyone think that in the end Lance will come clean ( no pun intended)? Whats the odds he confesses all in a book for which he receives a multi million $ advance, or is it now too risky for him to even contemplate owning up?
I was trying to envisage scenarios how this could come about last night and i could only imagine some sort of christian bollocks type thing (maybe someone already suggested that on here, can't recall right now).

I was trying to envisage scenarios how this could come about last night and i could only imagine some sort of christian bollocks type thing (maybe someone already suggested that on here, can't recall right now).

410XEYPAKML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Yee haa! Come on SCA and the Sunday Times and everyone else he's stiffed, round up your lawyers and fleece the fucker!

This is a great day. Now we can have our sport back.

All together now, "Ding dong, the witch is dead...."

MargaretHamiltoninTheWizardOfOz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom