Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Armstrong tests positive?

The USADA site has various witness affidavits too.
http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

Some fascinating stuff there. Reading the affidavits one after the other really shows how intricately and strongly the stories of the various riders and other witnesses reinforce each other. Also, there are a lot of names redacted.

I found the perjury/intimidation section pretty interesting.
Pages 146-153
The guy really thought he was some swinging dick politician of the peleton.

The USADA site has various witness affidavits too.
http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

Some fascinating stuff there. Reading the affidavits one after the other really shows how intricately and strongly the stories of the various riders and other witnesses reinforce each other. Also, there are a lot of names redacted.

Are there English translations anywhere? Or am I being stupid as normal?

edit: I'm being stupid, ignore me.

That's an astonishing summary of evidence! I'd never paid too close attention, assuming he had probably done it but aware that someone's reputation can be smeared very easily. But this is one of the most comprehensive pieces of character-assassination I've ever read.

It is. In a way, though, Armstrong's lawyers were right when they said it was the same tired old stories. We've known just about all of this for years and years, yet nothing was ever done until now.

And still there are posters on another forum trying to twist this any which way they can to defend Armstrong.

It is. In a way, though, Armstrong's lawyers were right when they said it was the same tired old stories. We've known just about all of this for years and years, yet nothing was ever done until now.

And still there are posters on another forum trying to twist this any which way they can to defend Armstrong.
My father-in-law is a cycling nut, who used to tour Europe in the 50s and 60s as part of an amateur team. He's always been willing to twist any story in favour of Armstrong. A lot of cycling fans see Armstrong as a demi-god, because he transcended their niche sport and became one of the most recognisable sports people in the world. But surely at this point they have to give it up?

A lot of cycling fans see Armstrong as a demi-god, because he transcended their niche sport and became one of the most recognisable sports people in the world. But surely at this point they have to give it up?

I was reading this last night thinking exactly the same thing. Depressingly, it seems not to be the case.

edit: And it seems that his sponsors are sticking by him...

Sorry I've not checked the thread fully.
Has Sheryl Crow had anything to say?
She must know details.

How many cancer lives have YOU saved?
How many £100m's have YOU raised for cancer research?

seems to be the current line of idiocy/defence on his facebook page.

ignoring of course that his organisation doesn't appear to do or fund any research - something i must admit i didn't realise till recently.

My father-in-law is a cycling nut, who used to tour Europe in the 50s and 60s as part of an amateur team. He's always been willing to twist any story in favour of Armstrong. A lot of cycling fans see Armstrong as a demi-god, because he transcended their niche sport and became one of the most recognisable sports people in the world. But surely at this point they have to give it up?

Ask him who Greg Lemond was. People have short memories when it suits them.

How many cancer lives have YOU saved?
How many £100m's have YOU raised for cancer research?

seems to be the current line of idiocy/defence on his facebook page.

ignoring of course that his organisation doesn't appear to do or fund any research - something i must admit i didn't realise till recently.

That's kind of like the line Jimmy Savile supporters took for years.

*devils wotistname*

currently they are just accusations though. nothing has actually been proven in a court.. beyond all reasonable doubt.

the cheating cunt has yet to be actually convicted

/devilsthingy

*devils wotistname*

currently they are just accusations though. nothing has actually been proven in a court.. beyond all reasonable doubt.

the cheating cunt has yet to be actually convicted

/devilsthingy

Well its more than that. USADA is the judge and jury, they ahve considered the evidence and convicted LA in his absence as he refuses to defend himself. LA's lawyers coming out and saying its a one sided account is farciacl, its one sided because LA refused to defned himself.

ahh i was unaware of this. mainly cos i dont actually give a toss but also cos i rely on skim reading the bbc website for all my opinions on sport

I think you're right to some extent where to - we fans got the sport we deserved; but there always was a wide spectrum from those that didn't believe what they saw to those that don't think sticking needles in your arm every day constitutes cheating. Ultimately it didn't matter though, especially to the Lance Armstrong brand. A product was served up, we ate it and even if we didn't eat the main course we were at the table. And I think those willing to overlook doping just so the spell wasn't broken were in the vast majority.

My missus was watching Newsnight last night and asked 'why doesn't he just do a Jimmy Swaggart?'. I think thats a good call and possibly his next move - an emotional repentance will buy back more public respect than he ever could sticking with the Omerta.

His next move will be dependent upon how his 'charities' are doing. If they do badly following this, he'll be on Oprah saying how hard he had it.

Back
Top Bottom