Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are bagels in New York better than bagels elsewhere?

you need to dilute them with beer, then they taste just perfect

Dip them in beer? Or eat them with beer? I genuinely cant eat either cracker with anything as they are way too salty. I have spent ages scraping the visible top salt off but is appears they still have loads hidden inside. I think they would probably be quite nice otherwise.

Dip them in beer? Or eat them with beer? I genuinely cant eat either cracker with anything as they are way too salty. I have spent ages scraping the visible top salt off but is appears they still have loads hidden inside. I think they would probably be quite nice otherwise.

They have unsalted Ritz.

NYC bagels are alright. You can certainly get just as good here if you go around Golders Green or Stamford Hill (or that place right by Finsbury Park). The difference is that you can get decent bagels all over NYC and only in a few places in London.

Now Montreal bagels... Oh god, MMMMM!

I had Brick Lane bagels with peanut butter for breakfast today. Got a dozen on the way home last night. :cool:
Brick Lane is mental on a Friday night these days, there was a huge ruck between 2 groups of drunken girls in the queue at the bakery, one of them got their ear half bitten off before the cops came to break it up:eek::D

I had Brick Lane bagels with peanut butter for breakfast today. Got a dozen on the way home last night. :cool:
Brick Lane is mental on a Friday night these days, there was a huge ruck between 2 groups of drunken girls in the queue at the bakery, one of them got their ear half bitten off before the cops came to break it up:eek::D

Yeah but would the ear have been tastier in New York? Or is that only if you put cream cheese on it?

I think that butter, in addition to any other toppings, is essential on a bagel (even if its the infamous 'lox' of smoked salmon and cream cheese. I mean, it feels naked eating any kind of sandwich without butter.

Back
Top Bottom