Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Apple TV+ recommendations?

Finished Severance. Great show even if at times it gets a little repetitive and I wasn't sure it really need 9 episodes. Then it closes with one of the best last episodes to a first season I can remember. Having worked in the US for a major corporation, it's pretty spot on. They had a buffet once a month on Fridays, which basically was a Melon Party. Can't wait to see where this goes next and I want more of the
baby goat department.

Worth checking out a few 'ending explained' and 'things you might have missed' videos on Youtube for Severance.

There's lots I hadn't seen...(and a lot of wild speculation)

The final episode of Slow Horses was by far the weakest episode in the series but still an excellent show overall.

I loved it, great series.

Not sure it needs a second series, will be interesting to see if they manage to do one without it just being a rehash of plucky underdogs overcoming establishment shenanigans.

The Slow Horses books number 7 right now so I imagine there is room to do more, and each one is basically plucky underdogs Vs establishment but also lots of fun inter-establishment shenanigans. Not that I've seen this yet just came her to check if it's time to sign back up and it looks like it might be.

The Slow Horses books number 7 right now so I imagine there is room to do more, and each one is basically plucky underdogs Vs establishment but also lots of fun inter-establishment shenanigans. Not that I've seen this yet just came her to check if it's time to sign back up and it looks like it might be.
The books are excellent. The TV show was pretty good, excellent in places, but the books are almost uniformly excellent.

It’s a book(s)?!?

Missed that.

Also just rewatched both series of For All Mankind. I'd forgotten how good it was. And re watched the first series of The Morning Show prior to starting on the second, now half way through which is pretty good.

It’s a book(s)?!?

Missed that.
You should read them,

Also just rewatched both series of For All Mankind. I'd forgotten how good it was. And re watched the first series of The Morning Show prior to starting on the second, now half way through which is pretty good.

You should read them,

I had FAMk on my list but not got round to it. If you’ve watched it twice it must be good.

And I’ll get onto the reading. I already have a pile of books both physical and electronic that I need to read but then I might miss something on Twitter/urban so where would that end????

I've been binge watching The Morning Show this week and it's brilliant. Well-written, well-paced, well-acted.

Jennifer Aniston is actually really good in it. I'd have thought Reese Witherspoon would do the acting equivalent of drink her under the table, but nope, she's holding her own. They're both extremely good.

And Cory the TV executive is hilarious. He's mischievously and quick-fire calculatingly lighting blue touch paper all over the place and waiting for things to go off, or gleefully watching the shit hit the fan and other people implode. His lines spoken by someone else would make them a heartless bastard and deeply unpleasant, but the fun he's having is kind of infectious and you get the sense that while he's a Grade A arsehole he has some redeeming qualities.

And some of the conversations Mitch is having about #MeToo stuff are really well-done too in a thought-provoking way. What's flirting, what's sexual misconduct? What's consensual and what's not when you take imbalance of power into account? Some grey areas/different people's perceptions sensitively handled.
I binged The Morning Show this weekend and thought it was excellent. Everything you say above.

It's big and very American and takes itself a little too seriously in places but the good stuff outweighed that for me.

I had FAMk on my list but not got round to it. If you’ve watched it twice it must be good.

And I’ll get onto the reading. I already have a pile of books both physical and electronic that I need to read but then I might miss something on Twitter/urban so where would that end????
There are now four episodes of Season Three up, Its great too but getting further away from out time line.

(Although Urb fans will be interested to know that in their time line Thatcher was killed in the Brighton Bombing...)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom