Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Apple TV+ recommendations?

Just watched the first episode of the brand new TV series adaptation of Presumed Innocent, starring Jack Gyllenhaal. I haven’t read the novel, and although I reasonably liked the 1990 Harrison Ford film, I never had the urge to watch it again, so
I had low expectations of this. But I must say I enjoyed the first episode a lot more than I expected.

Just watched the first episode of the brand new TV series adaptation of Presumed Innocent, starring Jack Gyllenhaal. I haven’t read the novel, and although I reasonably liked the 1990 Harrison Ford film, I never had the urge to watch it again, so
I had low expectations of this. But I must say I enjoyed the first episode a lot more than I expected.

Good film and book but given that we know exactly who did it, is there any reason to watch this?

No different from watching a newer version of an Agatha Christie story that had previously been adapted into a film.

I probably wouldn't do that either, but the twist at the end of Presumed Innocent is whole point of the story.

Having said that, Mrs S has just told me that they've changed the story in this version of PI, so we'll give it a go once all the episodes are available.

Just watched the first episode of the new miniseries Land of Women, a comedy-drama crime thriller set in Spain featuring Eva Longoria and Almodóvar’s muse Carmen Maura. Longoria flees New York after her husband runs a debt with local mobsters, and decides to head to Spain to stay with relatives.

Pretty decent, easy-watch feelgood stuff so far, and set in a glorious countryside background. 7/10 as a light entertainment comedy- thriller vehicle.

I don’t always agree with Guardian reviews, but based on the first episode, I think they’re spot on here. It’s mad as fuck but very promising so far :) A kind of comedy-drama sci-Fi thriller mystery absurd enough to be captivating

Last edited:
Just finished the second episode (all available so far). I love it so far. Hints of Severance premise-wise, with great visuals and sets not unlike Loki, and a cool soundtrack that to boot. Big recommendation here :thumbs:

I’ve finally just got my Apple TV access back, my mum had left the family group on Apple and she pays for the sub for Apple TV.

New series of Pachinko and Severance I’m looking forward to

Episode 3 of Time Bandits is the best so far. Not vintage stuff but progressively finding its feet.

Started watching Silo and episode 3(?) where she's fixing the generator is possibly the stupidest hour of telly I've watched in a long long time.

Still going to watch the rest obv.

Loot is a very bingeable and funny feel-good comedy series- pretty similar to Ted Lasso in tone and set up, though the plot has nothing to do with football. It finds its feet right after the first episode and gets better with every passing one. If you liked Ted lasso you’ll probably like this.

Speaking of LG TVs, I've got one. I've just been trying to watch the last episode of the last season of Slow Horses to refresh my memory before starting the new season, but every few minutes it stops and says "this app will now restart to free up more memory".

I don't have this problem with Netflix or Prime, just Apple+. It's super annoying. I've Googled and people say turn the telly off and on again.

Speaking of LG TVs, I've got one. I've just been trying to watch the last episode of the last season of Slow Horses to refresh my memory before starting the new season, but every few minutes it stops and says "this app will now restart to free up more memory".

I don't have this problem with Netflix or Prime, just Apple+. It's super annoying. I've Googled and people say turn the telly off and on again.
I don't have an LG, but my Hisense occasionally crashes.

With most smart TVs, the way to reboot them is to unplug it as in turn it off, remove the plug from the power socket. Then leave it for a couple of minutes and plug it back in and turn it back on.
This works better in most TVs than turning off and back on again.
Hope you can get the issue sorted.

Have you checked for firmware updates?

I dropped off to sleep in the second episode of season 4 of Slow Horses - which is a first. I think it was mainly because I had a tough day - but I wasn't enjoying it as much as usual.

Also, I'm beginning to get quite bored of Kristin Scott Thomas's character and her bumbling boss.

Back
Top Bottom