Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anti-Fascist Book Help!

malatesta32

Not Serb. No, Really!
the antifascist book by 'Malatesta' is on its way to publication but we have encountered some bother. i can't use the name 'Malatesta' as AK are publishing his complete works (grand!) so was considering M Testa instead. any other suggestions?
i also need illustrations and/or photos for the cover although keep in mind the treachery that BTF was subject to, re: copyrights and weasels.
all suggestions gratefully received, the worst suggestion will be awarded one or more of these
)*(

cheers Mal!

cos i have had various threats and do not wish a bunch of hairy arsed EDLers to pop round for a cup of tea and a bun!

cos i have had various threats and do not wish a bunch of hairy arsed EDLers to pop round for a cup of tea and a bun!

Well, yes, obviously. Though on a more general note I do think "we" need to move away from the secret squirrel nonsense and need to be more overt/open within our communities.

Tis a big step though.

In which case what's wrong with an utterly unmemorable and random nome de plume?

It's probably best anyway that you don't use Malatesta anyway as apart from some six form type with a passing interest in 19th century cult politics no one would have heard of the name any way.

In terms of pictures for the cover I would suggest you need to think who your audience is and what the objective of the book is. If it's to argue that there is a need to physically confront the far right in the here and now then you will need to try and find some photos of recent physical anti fascism. if the book is another version if the last Hann book ( which I must say was disappointing) then any old tat will do.

the antifascist book by 'Malatesta' is on its way to publication but we have encountered some bother. i can't use the name 'Malatesta' as AK are publishing his complete works (grand!) so was considering M Testa instead. any other suggestions?
i also need illustrations and/or photos for the cover although keep in mind the treachery that BTF was subject to, re: copyrights and weasels.
all suggestions gratefully received, the worst suggestion will be awarded one or more of these
)*(

cheers Mal!
good job the names taken. I think most people seeing a book on anti-fascism by 'Maltesta' would assume it was by the original Malatesta, and so was nothing to do with (comparatively) recent fascism in Britain.

Try 'by Ann T, Nat Z'

i am very much inclined towards Jake A Rowling. thanks for the suggestion and steps, yes you're right about the connotations but the 'malatesta' website actually has a readership who know the name now.

)*(

cheers Mal!

Given that you're a sweaty, how about "MacLatesta"?

Having this guys name as your fake name would be cool-
No-Nazi-Salute-02.jpg

Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom