Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annoying Adverts 2019

Been watching CNN now and again, that Richard Quest in that business prog trailer - fuck me, that cunt isn't just annoying, he's so offensive deserves a fucking good kicking then a screwdriver shoving down his ear while he cries. Blowtorch his bollocks too. Cunt :mad:

Not annoying at all really ...

I saw it in English, but can only locate a French version at the moment.

Alexa - helping you banish ill-thought-out pets to the shed when they get too big/annoying :mad:

Toothpaste advertised as being "inspired by dentists" :mad:

Toothpaste ads are pretty much always fucking irritating. Particularly when the actor is shown brushing their teeth, but quite clearly not using the actual product they are advertising :facepalm:

:D this one brings on the spasms with me too.

How about :

"I didn't know oral-b made toothpaste!"

Really? Really? This is an astonishing development?
I still have the untouched teeny sample tube that came with my toothbrush nearly 20 years ago.
In the days when I saw mainstream adverts I would wonder how people chose "features" in toothpaste.

For me it starts with a flavour I can stand so I buy fennel flavour. (Pernod-ish)

I only wish I could get chewing gum in that flavour. (I chew it while cycling to work and back - partly for the benefit of my teeth)
I have seriously considered saving all my used gum (as I do anyway - albeit carelessly) and adding fennel.

I have just added tea pickling back to my daily regime.

I have a scientist colleague doing Colgate-sponsored halitosis trials at the moment, but I have not volunteered my services.

Take the chicken, go back for the fox. Oh hang on, take the fox go back for the chicken!
Aaargh, it's bad enough I thought it was going to be one of those army (born in Leeds, made in the forces shite *) recruitment ads. No, it's barclays Bank shite instead. :mad:

*if you can fix a pushbike, you can mend an aircraft carrier. Oh yeh.

I like advertising. In fact I used to have a large collection of TV adverts on tape. I should start a new collection.

Scottish mummy cooking the leg of Tesco lamb for her student sons is grating on me now :mad:

All the fucking over-50s life cover / funeral plan etc ads piss me off too.

And the fucking Oral-B toothpaste one, that woman needs shooting. You didn't know Oral-B made toothpaste? Fuck off :mad:

I am amazed people actually watch ads.

I just record stuff, and skip the ads, makes for a much more enjoyable viewing experience.

Facebook ads are really weird at the moment abstract pieces of text advertising all sorts of things and advertisers from miles away.

But at least you get to argue with them.

I had an interesting chat on an advert for the sheltered over 55 accommodation I cycle past every night

I accused them of it all being armchairs milky tea and daytime TV :D

I was able to put them straight a bit about brexit and people like me who plan to live in another European country and not be a burden either there or here.

And now Facebook advert Lost in Time as well as having no indication on the front page of who it's by and what it's about.

"christmas and new year opening time
normal time until 22nd
23rd sunday 10/2
24 monday 10/4
closed 25december till 9 jan 2019
wish you all marry christmas and happy new year"

Russian bots ?

I usually record and fast fwd past ads, but the amount of time on ads vs actual programmes can be enormous, especially on popular channels / programmes (I'm looking at CBSdramareality in particular !)
Recently staying (for work) in hotel with half decent range of channels, but without recording / pause facility. Resulted in reading a book instead ...

Currently I hate the hwawei ad, mainly because of the sound track.

e2a - In the past I've hated most of the Halifax ads, especially theWoOz based one, but for a change the current one with the magic "slinky spring is actually quite good ...

I usually record and fast fwd past ads, but the amount of time on ads vs actual programmes can be enormous, especially on popular channels / programmes (I'm looking at CBSdramareality in particular !)

In the good old days (did I just type that? :facepalm:) the limit was an average of 6 minutes of ads per hour, and a maximum of 7 minutes in any one hour, this
was to encourage longer off-peak transmission hours, paid for by more peak time ads, which produce more revenue.

Now the public service channels (ITV, C-4 & 5) are allowed 7 / 8, but the rest of the channels are allowed 9 / 12.

12 minutes of ads in an hour, plus trailers & promos, is way too much IMO.

In the good old days (did I just type that? :facepalm:) the limit was an average of 6 minutes of ads per hour, and a maximum of 7 minutes in any one hour, this
was to encourage longer off-peak transmission hours, paid for by more peak time ads, which produce more revenue.

Now the public service channels (ITV, C-4 & 5) are allowed 7 / 8, but the rest of the channels are allowed 9 / 12.

12 minutes of ads in an hour, plus trailers & promos, is way too much IMO.

I most certainly agree with that ^^^. 12/60 is way too high a ratio. (so 20% of the hour is what I consider to be wasted time !)

Back
Top Bottom