Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

From various tweets it appears that more people have been shot by the security services/army in various locations.

Hama is the place to watch.

It's the fount of Islamic extremism in Syria, implacably opposed to the regime ever since the Syrian army put down a rebellion in the city in the early 80s with an artillery bombardment that killed thousands and obliterated its historic centre.

Hama is the place to watch.

It's the fount of Islamic extremism in Syria, implacably opposed to the regime ever since the Syrian army put down a rebellion in the city in the early 80s with an artillery bombardment that killed thousands and obliterated its historic centre.
They're already up elsewhere.

They always seem to be making an oblique reference to source material I am not party to.

No big deal though fella :)

Maybe a bit weird, though they're quite fun/interesting to decrypt...

You're saying shit's got fucked up and the regime is on the defensive, they need to up their game/change tactics because the traditional wait-till-next-friday bizniz isn't going to cut off enough heads?

"if you are storming a fortress, you cannot discontinue the war even after you have taken the fortress"

Interesting times.

The vid I posted above allegedly featuring Maher Assad has been removed by youtube but (if you have a strong stomach) you can still see it here

Google translate require if you wish to read text on the linked site.

E2A this just on Twitter:

daraanow Daraa Now
by evanchill
URGENT: #Syria state TV has just announce lifting EMERGENCY LAW applied since 1963 #Daraa #Freedom #Latakia #March15

I thought that with Syria having a renowed brutal security service that they would have cracked down heavly on demonstrations.

I think there's no interest here in Europe as it's a land locked country... unlike Libya... despite the West not being over keen on the Syrian leader...

Actually, Syria's not landlocked.

Syria_map.gif

let me know when the airforce starts bombing the demonstrators and the mercenaries get sent in .

So are you going to declare now whether you are on the side of the protestors or Bashar? Or will you wait until you can define yourself against familiar villans?

Today is a big day because the Syrian president is making an address to the nation in which he will detail any proposed changes

There's a lot of speculation amongst media commentators on what has been happening behind the scenes, even that there has been a power struggle between hardliners and reformers, but it is such a closed society it's almost impossible to read the intentions of the regime.

Do these Arab dictators hire the same speech writer?

All the unrest is a "plot" created by foreign interests and you might get some reform tomorrow, maybe

I still can't get over the fact that the people of Syria have been living under a state of emergency for longer than I have been alive!

So are you going to declare now whether you are on the side of the protestors or Bashar? Or will you wait until you can define yourself against familiar villans?

oh no , usually Id be on Assads side . Im still ticked off with him not supporting Ghadaffi though . And its got nothing to do with defining myself against anyone . Those contras in Libya are a bunch of lying reactionary stooges the majority of LIbyans wnat nothing to do with . Events on the ground have proved that as much as they displease you .

I'll probably forgive him in a few days though .

I still can't get over the fact that the people of Syria have been living under a state of emergency for longer than I have been alive!

check out the emergency laws your own country have had in place in this one and for how long . You'll see a continuity that lasts much longer .

Back
Top Bottom