Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Watch Thread

Marty1

maintaining equanimity
Banned
A thread to discuss the ever encroaching behemoth that is - Amazon.

After a year long investigation in America, Congress get Amazon founder and richest man in the world - Jeff Bezos, before them (via video link) to answer allegations of anti-competitive monopoly practices and profiteering from fake goods amongst other allegations.

Good to see Congress members asking largely rhetorical questions and riding over Bezo’s mostly bland and meaningless responses :oldthumbsup:

:hmm: I had noticed some people in their employ might have discovered Urban.

Reading that the responsibility for calculating it falls on the companies themselves though TBH there isn't really anyone else
Even now lawyers and accountants will be pouring over the details to figure out how to game the system and it isn't even law yet.

So - a brief recap of what came to light in this Congress hearing through its investigation of Amazon:

Amazon in its early days invited 3rd party sellers onto its platform (Amazon marketplace) which lead to its exponential growth.

During this rapid growth Amazon used its hosting position to monitor which third party sellers were doing the most sales and in many cases replicated their products then undercut to essentially eliminate them from existence.

In 2013 Bezos wrote to Amazon employees instructed them to pursue business partners as a cheetah would pursue an sickly gazelle. I think this shows exactly just how bent on monopolising Amazon Bezos is. He’s now the richest man in the world so we know it’s not about the money anymore - it’s about destroying competition through breakneck growth at any cost - humanity does not exist with Amazon. I’d say Bezos is a full blown psychopath.

The sooner Amazon is broken up the better tho I’ll believe it when I see it.

There used to be a really nice caff on Holloway Road called Amazon. The women who worked there were smashing. Pity it closed down. I blame that cunt Marty1 and his boss, probably sued them out of business, even though they existed long before Bezos had set up his evil enterprise.

Here it was.

10456459.jpg

So, Marty1 , is this a tread with your UK drivers?

Drivers reportedly sync their own phone to one in the tree – giving them first dibs at a new order even if they're not physically the closest person to the store.

There are a handful of drivers in on the scheme, as multiple devices will receive the same alert making it difficult for the tech giant to uncover the system, sources said.

Another person familiar with the matter said the setup is a work around for certain requirements, like having a drivers license - a Flex contractor will pay some one a small amount to take the route, while still taking a portion of the fee.

So, Marty1 , is this a tread with your UK drivers?

That’s a new one to me.

I know Amazon logistics drivers who look for extra work via Amazon Flex who use bot software tho to grab work slots.

Ring, owned by Amazon are releasing a flying drone home security camera next year:

I wonder what Bezos has planned for the data he no doubt harvests from mapping your home with these things?

This is positive:

Bezos will be having nightmares at the thought of this groups proposed wealth tax. Hope he loses sleep the vile cunt.
There is already a wealth tax
It's called income tax
And most people pay it, except your auld friend djt - your favourite billionaire

Back
Top Bottom