Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

The kabbess just tried watching of Everything Everywhere All At Once, having become curious by its Oscar success. For about an hour, I had to stop it every five minutes to explain to her what was happening. The last stoppage, I had to pause and explain (again) that there was an “alphaverse” that one Waymond came from and “our” universe with a different Waymond. At this point, the kabbess declared that this was completely new information, I facepalmed and we gave up.
Why was that? Was she not paying attention?

Why was that? Was she not paying attention?
She is completely incapable of following any film that doesn’t have the most linear and plain of story lines. It drives me mad. She can manage it with dramas, just not films. That’s why I watched this without her in the first place.

She is completely incapable of following any film that doesn’t have the most linear and plain of story lines. It drives me mad. She can manage it with dramas, just not films. That’s why I watched this without her in the first place.
I have a friend who is similar. Stopped watching films with him cos he kept asking me questions all the time, even when I had the same information he had
eg
“Why did he say/do that?”
“I don’t know - I’m sure we’ll find out in due course. It is a murder mystery, we’ll have to wait and see”

The film does move very fast tbf though. Which is why I’ve watched it more than any film I have as an adult. So much to take in.

3000 Years of Longing up on Prime now. I actually watched it on blu-ray because it happened to arrive off my list at the same time it came on Prime and I'll be damned if I'm not watching a disc I've paid for. :p

I really rather enjoyed it. George Miller very much in effect in terms of the visuals, but I liked it as a short story and I like it as a film. The Mrs called it Truly Madly Deeply without all the god-awful crying. :D

Not a recommendation yet as I’m only just starting it, but a heads up that Guy Ritchie’s new film Operation Fortune, which I thought was cinema-only release for now, is available now on Amazon.

So far it’s been a comedy action thriller which doesn’t take itself too seriously, and with a pretty interesting and varied cast to boot as one can expect from a Guy Ritchie film, so perfectly happy to risk it being shit, of a long Bank Holiday weekend.

Free with prime or just available on amazon?

I watched 'how it ends' yesterday. . . . which was shit. Just a flim length portlandia with a running theme.

Free with Prime. To be fair, it is rather shit.
I'm struggling to think if any Guy Richie did any good films. Were lock stock and snatch actually good? I think I only watched them when they came out and they seemed ok back then, but that was so long ago now. . . . pretty sure every thing else was definitely shit. Right?

I'm struggling to think if any Guy Richie did any good films. Were lock stock and snatch actually good? I think I only watched them when they came out and they seemed ok back then, but that was so long ago now. . . . pretty sure every thing else was definitely shit. Right?
The two you mention were overhyped when they first came out, but they weren’t terrible either. I think Snatch has aged better. Should be judged as fun, quirky crime action flicks full of memorable quotes and characters, and at that they are more than adequate to the task.

He has made some utter awful tripe as well, though.

Not a recommendation yet as I’m only just starting it, but a heads up that Guy Ritchie’s new film Operation Fortune, which I thought was cinema-only release for now, is available now on Amazon.

So far it’s been a comedy action thriller which doesn’t take itself too seriously, and with a pretty interesting and varied cast to boot as one can expect from a Guy Ritchie film, so perfectly happy to risk it being shit, of a long Bank Holiday weekend.
Watched half last night and it was entertaining and easy watching.
I was reading about the troubles they had getting it released as many cinemas didn't want a film in which the baddies were Ukranian but of course it was shot before the war started.

Watching The Head of Joaquin Murrieta. Didn't get into it until the second episode, but it's really good. Have to not miss a day now before my free month runs out.

I wasn’t aware at all they had made a Lethal Weapon series (2016-9, three seasons). I have just watched the first episode and it was surprisingly decent. Has anyone watched the series?

My housemate is crazy about cop shows, this week binged on Southland (freevee, so has little ads) it even kept me watching too

The kabbess just tried watching of Everything Everywhere All At Once, having become curious by its Oscar success. For about an hour, I had to stop it every five minutes to explain to her what was happening. The last stoppage, I had to pause and explain (again) that there was an “alphaverse” that one Waymond came from and “our” universe with a different Waymond. At this point, the kabbess declared that this was completely new information, I facepalmed and we gave up.
finally watched it. loved it. much funnier than I thought it was going to be and much more emotional.
I liked the fact that the details of the multiverse stuff weren't really important, as long as you got the basic idea, it was just a device for a film about life, relationships, what it all means, and all that good stuff.

On Freevee, Jury Duty.

A fake trial with a bunch of actors, but one guy is real. He answered an ad and thinks he’s in a documentary. He seems really nice. It’s not cruel towards him, but it is full of bizarre stuff going on. A very Parks and Rec vibe about it. The guy who was the boyfriend/ boyfriend’s twin in Dead to Me is in it as a version of himself. He’s called for jury duty but wants out of it.

On Freevee, Jury Duty.

A fake trial with a bunch of actors, but one guy is real. He answered an ad and thinks he’s in a documentary. He seems really nice. It’s not cruel towards him, but it is full of bizarre stuff going on. A very Parks and Rec vibe about it. The guy who was the boyfriend/ boyfriend’s twin in Dead to Me is in it as a version of himself. He’s called for jury duty but wants out of it.

We watched the first 3 episodes this evening. It gets increasingly bonkers and absolutely hilarious in places.

"I'm just going to rub one out" :D:D

On Freevee, Jury Duty.

How far have you got with this, Pilch?

Okay, you pesky buggers have convinced me. As soon as we finish episode one of True Lies the TV series (on Disney), which we’ve just started, we’ll switch over to Amazon to check what all the fuss is about.

Have watched the first couple of episodes. It is amusing and has the odd laugh out moment. Not rating it as highly as others have, but fwiw still fairly decent.

Prime has retuned its algorithms and plucked out a suggestion I didn't know they had. 25 year old MTV cartoons.
Excuse me. Excuse me.
I've got to be direct...
If I'm wrong please correct...
You're standing on my neck...
You're standing on my neck.

Surprised that I still like it. What with Sick, Sad World being the archetype for every so-called "news" program to come after it. Perhaps a bit more aware that Daria is a prick and not to be emulated - would've helped to know that back then. :D

Back
Top Bottom