Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

FEAR: Forget Everything And Run is the opposite of recommended, it's a pile of shite, don't bother. Annoying characters. Wished them all dead, tbh. I usually love anything to do with zombies, but this was bad, and it wasn't even so bad that it's good, it was just bad bad.

If it was a Eurovision song contest entrant it would've scored nil points.
Can you please get a column in a national, pretty please.

Troppo (freevee) - Thomas Jane & Nicole Chamoun. Aussie murder mystery. Jane is great, Chamoun has her moments. A host of very competent and familiar character actors are on hand to help get the plot over the believability line, and it all ties up nicely at the end. No cliff-hangers or gimmicks. It's solid and entertaining, not desperately dark (IMO, it's sunny a lot), I could go another series right away.

4 eps to go. Heavy but compelling and mesmerising. Some incredible performances but have had to resort to subtitles, bit of mumblecore style going on (esp with Joel Edgerton).
Forgiveness if already posted but we finished this a few days ago and still take it all in. What a devastatingly strong series. The pace and graphic scenes might deter some but probably one of the best things seen on the platform for a while. Much read the novel.

I have another free month of prime. Hit me up!!
Is this Picard series still shit?
No! From episode 3 onwards it suddenly becomes the most thrill-ride enjoyable Star Trek product of any ST series in recent times.

Emphasis on thrill ride. No soul searching flashbacks looking into the past of the main characters. No alternative universe, paradox-ridden, over complex stuff. Just aNext Generation-style joyride full of space battles and shit :cool:

No! From episode 3 onwards it suddenly becomes the most thrill-ride enjoyable Star Trek product of any ST series in recent times.

Emphasis on thrill ride. No soul searching flashbacks looking into the past of the main characters. No alternative universe, paradox-ridden, over complex stuff. Just aNext Generation-style joyride full of space battles and shit :cool:
Really enjoyed first two seasons, so this should be good. As long as it's not complete fan service for folks stuck in their formative years...

Troppo (freevee) - Thomas Jane & Nicole Chamoun. Aussie murder mystery. Jane is great, Chamoun has her moments. A host of very competent and familiar character actors are on hand to help get the plot over the believability line, and it all ties up nicely at the end. No cliff-hangers or gimmicks. It's solid and entertaining, not desperately dark (IMO, it's sunny a lot), I could go another series right away.
Good call, enjoying this. Think you need to give the crocs a mention tho.

Nice one. I’ve flicked past this a couple of times because the title made me think it was foreign language and would be subtitled. Love Aussie tv despite the same same actors being in pretty much everything!

Good call, enjoying this. Think you need to give the crocs a mention tho.

Disappointed with this so far and finding both leads quite dull. The American fella's really irritating.

Does it pick-up after the first episode?

Disappointed with this so far and finding both leads quite dull. The American fella's really irritating.

Does it pick-up after the first episode?
The first episode is quite languid and I do think it picks up after that but it's always quite measured in pace, which I like. But I also like Thomas Jane so maybe my opinion isn't what you're looking for.
It's not amazing TV, it's exactly what Nanker said 'solid and entertaining'.

I watched episode 2.
It's much better than series one. I don't think I got beyond episode 2 (3 at best).

I'll be watching this one to the end I think. Episode one was a bit shaky, but it looks like it's on track.

You skipped a whole season?
I saw the premise and the on line reviews and it looked horrendous. I only saw two or three of the first series . . . it was tedious. I wasn't prepared to waste any time. This third season has been getting positive reviews. Maybe my expectations are low, but my phasers were set to stunned to find I didn't absolutely hate episode two.

Did I miss anything important?

I saw the premise and the on line reviews and it looked horrendous. I only saw two or three of the first series . . . it was tedious. I wasn't prepared to waste any time. This third season has been getting positive reviews. Maybe my expectations are low, but my phasers were set to stunned to find I didn't absolutely hate episode two.

Did I miss anything important?
Of the first two seasons?

Yes.

I watched Everything, Everywhere, All at Once last night. At times I thought it was amazing, at times I thought it was incomprehensible nonsense. It kind of made sense I suppose, maybe the spectacle was enough to keep it going.

Yeah, it was back to Picard in action!

Back
Top Bottom