Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

I'm so glad that there's someone else in the world who found that film to be tedious!
I just cannot see the appeal.
I remember the director explaining that you didn't need to move your eyes, because it is constant action constantly focused in the very centre of the screen. . . . like that was a good thing. Is that why it's so boring? There is just no texture to it.

Screw it, I'm doing Thunderdome as well.
It's like someone said. . .
"OK. Mad Max 2 was Mad max multiplied by Sports Direct, but can you Star Wars it up a notch?"
. . . "and this time no Neighbours actors."
"Can we at least have Angry Anderson. . . he only did the song?"

"Captain Walker" . . . "Mrs Walker!!!!!"

Screw it, I'm doing Thunderdome as well.
It's like someone said. . .
"OK. Mad Max 2 was Mad max multiplied by Sports Direct, but can you Star Wars it up a notch?"

"Captain Walker" . . . "Mrs Walker!!!!!"
I did Mad Max 2 last night which was even better than I remembered it and am probably gonna do Thunderdome tonight as well

I did Mad Max 2 last night which was even better than I remembered it and am probably gonna do Thunderdome tonight as well
I did Mad Max 2 and totally agree, Far better than I remember. I watched Mad Max yesterday, which was not as good but really nailed that low budget late 70s charm. . . . Couldn't resist MM3 after that. Not quite the large scale epic that I remember it to be. The other interesting thing is that nicks a few visual gags direct from Raiders of the Lost arc.

. . . is the plot basically that he just wants his car back again?

X. An stylish and well-made horror film set in Rural America the 1970s, about a small group of people who rent a remote farmhouse for a weekend in redneck territory from an old couple to make an adult.

The Guardian describes it as ‘elevated horror’, which I guess is a good enough description. Good cinematography, and despite reminding you of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it does not rely on gore or jump scares, but on a weird but interesting set of characters and storyline.

7.5/10 for me.

I did Mad Max 2 and totally agree, Far better than I remember. I watched Mad Max yesterday, which was not as good but really nailed that low budget late 70s charm. . . . Couldn't resist MM3 after that. Not quite the large scale epic that I remember it to be. The other interesting thing is that nicks a few visual gags direct from Raiders of the Lost arc.

. . . is the plot basically that he just wants his car back again?

Thats's the plot ark, yes

If you like Raiders, check out the Charlton Heston film that inspired it. Secret of the Incas (1954) Its pedestrian by todays standards, but charming all the same.

Worth watching for Yma Sumac's stunning scene.

Farzi (Fake)

I'm not usually a fan of Indian TV but this is brilliant so far.

Two lifelong friends from the slums decide they want to get rich and set up a counterfeiting operation.

Quite violent in places but also occasionally hilarious, it's an 8-parter and superbly made, without the OTT fight scenes and misplaced music and dancing that you might expect from Bollywood.

Farzi (Fake)

I'm not usually a fan of Indian TV but this is brilliant so far.

Two lifelong friends from the slums decide they want to get rich and set up a counterfeiting operation.

Quite violent in places but also occasionally hilarious, it's an 8-parter and superbly made, without the OTT fight scenes and misplaced music and dancing that you might expect from Bollywood.
Did you catch Sacred Games over on Netflix? That's really epic cop drama.

Just watched The Man Who Fell to Earth (the series, not the film). Loved it. Adored it. Wasn't at all sure I wanted to go anywhere near it, but am so glad I did.

Excellent cast. Chiwetel Ejiofor in particular. His anguish and bewilderment. It worked.

Massive, massive recommendation for The Consultant. A new dark comedy thriller, perhaps supernatural, starring Christoph Waltz. I don’t know how it will end, but the first few episodes are superbly entertaining :D

Massive, massive recommendation for The Consultant. A new dark comedy thriller, perhaps supernatural, starring Christoph Waltz. I don’t know how it will end, but the first few episodes are superbly entertaining :D

Ha. I'm watching that right now. Just started episode 5.

They're only 30 minutes apiece so may well finish it tonight.

I didn’t make it. Two to go.
Did you finish it, and if so what did you think? We really enjoyed it and as a bonus we were satisfied with its ending, though not everyone seems to think so.

What’s undeniable is that Waltz is monumental in this, and worth the watch alone. I was lapping up every scene in which he appears.

Did you finish it, and if so what did you think? We really enjoyed it and as a bonus we were satisfied with its ending, though not everyone seems to think so.

What’s undeniable is that Waltz is monumental in this, and worth the watch alone. I was lapping up every scene in which he appears.

Not yet. I was watching the cricket so still got 2 left.

Might get them done tonight.

Just started it, two eps in & its almost like a horror story. Very powerful and absolutely terrifying.

4 eps to go. Heavy but compelling and mesmerising. Some incredible performances but have had to resort to subtitles, bit of mumblecore style going on (esp with Joel Edgerton).

FEAR: Forget Everything And Run is the opposite of recommended, it's a pile of shite, don't bother. Annoying characters. Wished them all dead, tbh. I usually love anything to do with zombies, but this was bad, and it wasn't even so bad that it's good, it was just bad bad.

If it was a Eurovision song contest entrant it would've scored nil points.

Back
Top Bottom