Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All the sports!! What y'watching?

I'm watching the gymnastics. I prefer the Russians, for their elegance. The short, muscly ones like Biles just don't have that. Or maybe the Americans just don't try to put elegance in their routines because they want to pack in as much difficulty as possible? They do it all so fast. But the Russians make it look more like ballet.

3x3 basketball looks more fun than original basketball.
Loads of sports are better in the Olympics. Rugby is a good example, much more exciting as the Sevens, and the matches only being 14 minutes long means there's less rugby on the telly. Wins all round. They should make it the main version of rugger.

Replay of the men's 4x200M swimming relay. They really should have batons to hand over like in the running, more excitement.

Just finished the synchronised springboard. They jump in and look really good, commentators "well that was crap". Next ones look much the same to me, "wow amazing dive!" Hmm ok

Watching the time trial now. The most exciting bit is the short stretch at the start out of the car park when they have to cycle the tight turns around the crowd barriers and might fall off.

Just finished the synchronised springboard. They jump in and look really good, commentators "well that was crap". Next ones look much the same to me, "wow amazing dive!" Hmm ok
The Russian going in feet first and scoring zero points was good value.

Well I'd like to see some. So I've discovered it's best not to watch the 7.30 BBC show as that just seems to be coverage of a parent's evening at some posh public school.

Dreadful. Dreadful like softball.

The rugby sevens this morning was amazing. Fiji beat the favourites New Zealand for gold. Fiji has apparently been absolutely ravaged by Covid with little vaccine going their way and this is the only sport they really play. I welled up I admit watching them on their knees afterwards praying together.

Golf :eek:

I figured it's going to be more interesting than the gun shooting or canoe slalom on now. However it's currently delayed due to lightning and they're showing a picture of a lake with some cicada noises in the background on a loop, it's quite relaxing.

Viva Zverez!
Well, I didn't see that one coming...I thought Djokovic was pretty much a dead cert for the gold (probably most people did TBH).

I think Zverev will probably beat Khachanov, but won't be around to see it!

I really diss like the purple bricks advert. Barr that I love all of it
the BMX was surprisingly good, never really been into triathlons
but wow there brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom