Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rating the watchability of sports that I catch a few minutes of randomly

Racewalking is what you do when you're too shit to do anything else but you still want to be in the Olympics. It's like the egg and spoon race, for people with no hand-eye coordination.
They tend to be failed long distance runners actually.

They are. They get a warning if both feet leave the ground. If they do it 3 times they're disqualified.
Yes, three chances like fouls in the long jump because it's not conscious cheating, it's just really difficult to do. The body changes gait as speed increases and there are points in-between running and walking that aren't clear cut.

Yes, three chances like fouls in the long jump because it's not conscious cheating, it's just really difficult to do. The body changes gait as speed increases and there are points in-between running and walking that aren't clear cut.

The difference between running and walking, as far as the two sports are concerned, is that one foot must be in contact with the ground at all times in walking and that does not apply in running. You asked what the difference between the two is. That's it!

This argument is as riveting as the stupid sport itself.

Shot put is stupid as well. It just doesn't feel right when you do it. And I was quite good at it at school. They should just have cricket ball throwing or something.

Failed - really? More like they do what they're best at. Runners switch between 100M/200M or 10K/marathon all the time without being labelled failures. Most marathon runners wouldn't stand a chance in the 50K walk.

Failed - really? More like they do what they're best at. Runners switch between 100M/200M or 10K/marathon all the time without being labelled failures. Most marathon runners wouldn't stand a chance in the 50K walk.
I bet a top marathon runner would clean up in the 50k walk with a year or so training. There's a much smaller field of competitors. As long as they could put up with lower earnings and having to waddle along like a cunt.

I bet a top marathon runner would clean up in the 50k walk with a year or so training. There's a much smaller field of competitors. As long as they could put up with lower earnings and having to waddle along like a cunt.
They look like they're trying to rush to the toilet after shitting themselves.

Reactions: Cid
Can't see the problem with race walking tbh - If it didn't look so stupid, I'd probably give it a go myself.

There are plenty of more stupid-looking olympic events. Pommel horse, synchronised swimming etc. At least the walking events are actual races.
No comparison. The pommel horse is a celebration of the strength and beauty of the human upper body with roots going back to Roman times. The racewalk is a Victorian hangover that involves doing an impression of a constipated penguin on amphetamines.

earnings? The whole thing is a fucking joke, all of it. imagine trying to raise money to become an Olympic speedwalking champion. begging national lottery for funding. Just walk you cunt. Buy a ticket to wherever it is andwalk when you get there.

Bernardo Barrondo of Guatemala has been shown the red card for losing contact with the ground

This is definitely the top sport so far.

I actually think it's the little ice filled cravates that are really topping this off for me. These guys look good and they know it... only about two and a half hours to go.

Back
Top Bottom