Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All the sports!! What y'watching?

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
Full list on the Olympics website, but here's a handy snapshot so you don't even have to leave urban if you don't want to :thumbs:

1625835334722.png

I'd really like to watch as many of them as possible, but seeing as they insist on having more than one going on at a time we'll see how that goes...

Most of my main priorities are tediously predictable and mainstream (for Britain): football, athletics, rugby, tennis. Gymnastics is always good fun for watching people do incredibly impressive things with their bodies (as if that's not what all other Olympians are doing...), and would also like to watch the climbing as my best friend is a huge climber (in enthusiasm, she's actually only 5ft tall), and my brother seems to be quite into it too.

But aye, hoping I'll be able to catch most of 'em. Just need to find some handy guides that explain some of the ones I'm less familiar with... :oops:

Athletics and swimming are my main ones then rowing, gymnastics and cycling but I'm sure other things will catch my attention as it goes on.

Apart from the golf.

I've always said golf is the one sport I can't bring myself to watch or care about, but I've come perilously close to finding it mildly interesting a couple of times in recent years... :hmm: :(

Whos'at? Good, or just local interest?
canadian lad. he's wicked.

I've always said golf is the one sport I can't bring myself to watch or care about, but I've come perilously close to finding it mildly interesting a couple of times in recent years... :hmm: :(

I'm going to watch some golf this year, despite taking the piss out of it previously for how dull it is.

I think downloading and playing the fremium World Golf Tour game on my PC when I was twiddling my thumbs during lockdown has taught me about some of the subtleties involved, which makes it more interesting.

Rugby 7s but probably not much else. All on at stupid times in the day I expect due to time difference

As said on the other thread, mainly gymnastics and skateboarding for me, but also always end up enjoying diving, athletics, weight lifting, basketball...likely to also enjoy the football, surfing and probably some of the random stuff I'd never normally watch :D

I'm going to watch some golf this year, despite taking the piss out of it previously for how dull it is.

I think downloading and playing the fremium World Golf Tour game on my PC when I was twiddling my thumbs during lockdown has taught me about some of the subtleties involved, which makes it more interesting.
I played golf till an old injury made it difficult to swing. However, I really don't get why people watch it. It is so dull, even with an understanding of the sport. Its great to play though.

Had tickets for three of the events, but obviously that's not any use now. So probably the canoe thing, the gymnastics and less pushed about voleyball

Interesting poll on popularity of different sports..

Never really understood the attraction of swimming...

Ones I'll be watching:
  1. Athletics
  2. Road cycling
  3. Track cycling
  4. Hockey - always seems pretty good..
  5. Handball (maybe)

All of the cyclings.
Definitely speed climbing - I recommend this, speed climbers are fucking astonishing athletes. Hoping this debut does them justice. Probably catch the other climbing events too.
Archery maybe.

Other possibles: triathlon, some of the more fun watery things... martial arts?

I am least interested in:

Diving
Weightlifting
Artistic swimming

All of the cyclings.
Definitely speed climbing - I recommend this, speed climbers are fucking astonishing athletes. Hoping this debut does them justice. Probably catch the other climbing events too.
Archery maybe.
YES! I got really hooked on climbing when it was on Eurosport.
I think I'll ration myself to that, road cycling, a bit of track cycling and maybe a few bouts of boxing and some horsey stuff.

Reactions: Cid
7’s, volleyball, swimming, archery, cycling, boxing, track and field, and anything that doesn’t involve horses.

Athletics for sure. BBC have Michael Johnson again which always makes it extra worth watching. Badminton because it's sick. I'm sure I'll watch a bit of Judo and Karate too.

Plus whatever else happens to be on when I'm awake but I'm generally less bothered about the other stuff. I certainly won't be watching any golf though.

Interesting poll on popularity of different sports..

Never really understood the attraction of swimming...

I'm calling BS on that poll. I think i'll be proven right when the viewing figures come out.

I love beach volleyball. I shall keep my eye out for that if it's on this year.

Also the surfing. That's bound to be good.

Back
Top Bottom