Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All Ireland Football Final (Gaelic football) 2021

Aladdin

Mayo vs Tyrone...3.30pm

Mayo has not won since 1951.
Allegedly a curse was put on the 51 team as the supporters arrived back to Mayo and on the way disrupted a funeral. The local priest put a "curse " on the Mayo team to the effect that they would not win as long as any of that team was alive.
This year only one team member from 1951 is still alive.

Tyrone have won a fair few times.

I'm happy for either to win. It should be a good game.

I was chatting to a mate of mine who has family in Kerry the other day. They got quite far this year I believe. We were talking about how it still has a very amateur setup yet still gets a Sky deal. It sounded to me like a sport that could easily be monetised and that stuff that was happening with one club (could have been Mayo) where they were spending a bit more cash than the others. Future professional sport maybe?

Unlikely to go pro, as it will upset the clubs at grassroots level, the GAA is pretty conservative but on this they are right the sports have to remain accessible to all and so do the star players. It would be upsetting if Conor McManus couldn’t line out for Clontibret.

Parts of football are professional already, the Dubs who get huge funding are pretty much pro. Although they all have jobs but are given a lot of leeway to train daily.

My own county gets a lot less money but the players have a very pro attitude, training every morning and evening. I think the coaching ticket may get some pay as we’ve managed to pick up some serious coaches like Donie Buckley.

Anyway glad Tyrone won, good to see Sam back in Ulster and I’m happy because we managed to scare the shite out of Tyrone in the Ulster final.

Hon the Farney.

Back
Top Bottom