Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Airfryer - which one is best?

Airfryer fake pizza for lunch. Bread roll slices, with ketchup, oregano, black pepper then cheese slice and red onion. I was a bit worried the onion would get blown off by the fan, but it worked out alright. Apologies to any Italians….

8740EAE6-3B5E-4276-9737-8CED040EFF8F.jpegC7A578BB-83D6-48B7-ADBE-DCA13FD151F1.jpeg37E2E67A-F821-4F15-8D66-6233638B074F.jpeg

1kg of baked potatoes just about fitted in the airfryer and if cooked at 160C for 90 mins would have come out well.

What actually happened was I started them at 150, got paranoid after 20 mins that nothing much was happening, turned them up to 175 for half an hour then fretted the skins were getting dark, so turned down to 160C for another 15-20mins. 😝

Still made for a nice dinner with lasagne sauce and cheese on 😋 Hopefully used less than half the electricity of having the oven on for 90 mins.

4E373EF6-1D22-4C95-9716-CD2D78A654C8.jpeg

I'm still not going anywhere near those things until I'm at an optimum weight and fitness and have an action plan for if I eat too many easy calories.
I do miss baked spuds though ...

I'm a bit of an airfryer sceptic but some of these recipes look damn good.
What's the main advantage of these things compared to other ways of cooking stuff (because not too long ago slow cookers were a massive thing and that seems to have rather died down now).

I guess you could put half the doughballs in the fridge when you divide them, that would slow down the rise so they’re ready a couple of days after the rest.

But if the dough is all at the same temp it’ll all be ready to bake at the same time, and if you don’t use it then, it‘ll keep rising and get super sticky. You’d be better off baking them all at the same time when they’re ready, then rebake the leftovers a couple of days later at a lower temperature to freshen them up again.

There are probably others on here a lot more experienced with bread making than me, who might be better placed to advise you, but if you’re a beginner I’d keep it simple and just bake them as a single batch personally. Or experiment and see what works if you don’t mind risking a bit of dough :thumbs:

You can part-bake then freeze.

1x DAEWOO 12L DIGITAL ROTISSERIE AIR FRYER OVEN
Is what I just ordered, rotisserie, 3 shelves, will fit a 12 inch pizza. £100 on offer, yes please.

Especially since 'someone' fucked up the oven, well the entire top of it. Cheaper to air fry the rest and get something separate for the hobs I reckon.

Is what I just ordered, rotisserie, 3 shelves, will fit a 12 inch pizza. £100 on offer, yes please.

Especially since 'someone' fucked up the oven, well the entire top of it. Cheaper to air fry the rest and get something separate for the hobs I reckon.
Got a link please?
My daewoo microwave has been going strong for over 20 years

my pals airfrier just fused all his lights in the house! It's internal bulb blew when in use - he has had it for less than a month. Manufacturer told him that the bulb is not a replaceable item, and not covered under gurantee. He has the option of a complete swap under the guaranti though, but its ball ache for him to pack it up and send it back just for a replacement bulb.. Everything is fucked up imo. Got a acrylic picture frame sent yesterday, which arrived smashed courtesy courier. Shoes of the wrong size arrived last week. An endless stream of screwed up junk being manufactured and supplied with built in failure and or obsolescence being the only proper guarantee.

If only I had the worktop space.
Got a Vortex basket style cause allegedly it had to fit in a cupboard because everything must live in cupboards. I'm surprised our cat isn't shoved in a cupboard when not needed.

If only I had the worktop space.
Got a Vortex basket style cause allegedly it had to fit in a cupboard because everything must live in cupboards. I'm surprised our cat isn't shoved in a cupboard when not needed.
The kitchen gadgets spilled out of the cupboards, all over the sides, into a new cabinet to hold more and into the shed.

This will be replacing the oven tho so that can go and this will be in its place then get a separate thing for pots on top. Be taking up the same space and maybe some storage/warming drawer arrangement.

Did roast chestnuts in the air fryer . Cross them with a knife , soak in hot water for ten mins , dry . Pre heat the fryer for 4 mins then cook 10-15 mins ( depending on quantity / size etc ) . Came out great .
Has yule come early? Roast chesnuts. How was the xmas pud?;)

my pals airfrier just fused all his lights in the house! It's internal bulb blew when in use - he has had it for less than a month. Manufacturer told him that the bulb is not a replaceable item, and not covered under gurantee. He has the option of a complete swap under the guaranti though, but its ball ache for him to pack it up and send it back just for a replacement bulb.. Everything is fucked up imo. Got a acrylic picture frame sent yesterday, which arrived smashed courtesy courier. Shoes of the wrong size arrived last week. An endless stream of screwed up junk being manufactured and supplied with built in failure and or obsolescence being the only proper guarantee.

I picked up a new microwave some years ago for mother from Asda, and it fucked up her whole electrics as soon as it was plugged in & switched on, clouds of smoke came out of the thing, nothing I could do in her fuse box seemed to work, so it required an emergency call out to sort it out, late one evening just before Xmas, which cost about £150+vat. He had to replace the main supplier's fuse, which he shouldn't have done, but you can't leave a 80+ year old with no power on a cold winter night.

These things happen, it's the service after the shit happens that boils my piss.

Got a refund on the microwave next day in store, took a couple of months under threat of county court action to get Asda's head office to agree to pay that call out charge plus £60 for wasting my time in dealing with their problem.

I've never spent anything in an Asda store since.

MrCurry do airfrys have a low temp setting? Say 25c which might help with rising in colder times??
I have two airfryers, one is a generic cheapy one from the DIY store with mechanical timer and rotary temp setting, which according to the markings on the dial can be set to 80C minimum (haven’t tested this). The other is a Xiaomi smart airfryer which has an app, connects to wifi and has temp range 40-200C.

The 40C might be useful for fast defrosting, but possibly a bit too high for proving dough?

Back
Top Bottom