Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Airfryer - which one is best?

Just been informed my 50th birthday (couple of days ago) present is an air-fryer

Do I need to go to the start of the thread or are there sources of information about what the fuxk an air fryer is and what it does

Just been informed my 50th birthday (couple of days ago) present is an air-fryer

Do I need to go to the start of the thread or are there sources of information about what the fuxk an air fryer is and what it does

Well they are not really a 'fryer' more like a small oven, generally speaking they can fry, roast, grill and bake, so basically it depends what you want to cook, and size of your air-fryer, then checking cooking instructions online and/or youtube.

I am sure urban's resident expert, farmerbarleymow, will be along soon with some useful tips. :thumbs:

You keep it to one side for at least a year while you carefully consider what stuff you could cook in it. Buy some cookbooks while you're at it for inspiration.

So, you've still not even cooked any chips in it?
No. I think I've got some chips in the freezer along with hash browns and onion rings but not got round to it yet. Have to be in the mood for such things so maybe next year. :thumbs:

On the plus side, my airfryer will last for basically eternity as it will never wear out. :cool:

No. I think I've got some chips in the freezer along with hash browns and onion rings but not got round to it yet. Have to be in the mood for such things so maybe next year. :thumbs:

On the plus side, my airfryer will last for basically eternity as it will never wear out. :cool:
Be annoying if it was a faulty unit and the first time you use it is outside the warranty.

My new one goes up to 240 degree celcius (well, it goes up to 210 in 10 degree increments and then has a 240 degree 'supercrisp' setting. Mrs maomao had made some rather pallid US style pancakes that the kids hadn't eaten and were leftover in the fridge when I was looking for something to test it one. Two minutes on supercrisp turned them into yummy Yorkshire puddings.

Well I've solved the conundrum of cutting up a 12-inch pizza to fit in an 8-inch air fryer :thumbs:

Choice of pizza a strike against the haters of multiculturalism :mad:

Last edited:
I put the air fryer on market place and someone drove by and picked it up for 35 quid about 20 minutes after I posted it :D :thumbs:

It was good for sausages and fish fingers but that’s all I bothered with. My worksurface is back to its clear empty self again

I put the air fryer on market place and someone drove by and picked it up for 35 quid about 20 minutes after I posted it :D :thumbs:

It was good for sausages and fish fingers but that’s all I bothered with. My worksurface is back to its clear empty self again
Most recent use…
I simultaneously did sautéed paprika potatoes and two crispy onion flowers in mine whilst I cooked steak and fried asparagus (in butter) on the hob.

As a lunchtime experiment I made tortilla bread pizza, just 7 mins at 200C with no preheat. Worked ok, just that the fan blew my carefully arranged ham into clumps and I had to cut slits in the side to curl the edges upwards to make it fit.

Actually that detail was ok as the slight bowl shape probably helped to contain the grated cheese. I used jalapeno soft cheese for the “pizza sauce” but a super thin layer of ketchup could be another easy option.

Overall, success I think as it was quite easy and quick.

00B718D7-11DB-4800-B638-B1AD059535C8.jpeg7E3824F0-8227-4B61-B008-533518B314FB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom