Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

African Cup of Nations 2024

Can we discuss why all the managers in this tournament seem to be middle aged white blokes? Where are the black managers? I mean, it's bad enough in the premier league that we don't have any. But the african cup of nations?

edit: apols, just noticed the ivory coast boss is black

Juan-Micha.png

Juan Micha, Head Coach of Equatorial Guinea, Afcon 2023​

Can we discuss why all the managers in this tournament seem to be middle aged white blokes? Where are the black managers? I mean, it's bad enough in the premier league that we don't have any. But the african cup of nations?

edit: apols, just noticed the ivory coast boss is

1662217195-CONDE_CHIQUINHO_1.jpeg

Chiquinho Conde, Head Coach of Mozambique, Afcon 2023​

41_2024-638410873526744785-674.jpg

(Source: AFP)

Eric Chelle, Head Coach of Mali, Afcon 2023​

_125411901_gettyimages-485253356.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Collin Benjamin, Head Coach of Namibia, Afcon 2023​

postQueueImg_4-62a1c712903ba.jpg

Bubista (Pedro Leitão Brito), Head Coach of Cape Verde, Afcon 2023​

postQueueImg_4-62a1c712903ba.jpg

Bubista (Pedro Leitão Brito), Head Coach of Cape Verde, Afcon 2023​
He's a dude. Born in Cape Verde (pop around half a million) and had only managed teams in the tiny Cape Verde league. Imo unfortunate not to make the semis but CV have been a very respectable team for the last few years and seem to be on the up. Next time Blue Sharks, next time!

Nigeria just scored against he run of play . I’ve watched three games of theirs and they are one of the most disorganised teams to make a final I have seen tbh .

Serge Aurier's a bit of a twat isn't he? Rolling around all over the place then in case I'm not mistaken shoulder barging the female official on his petulant way off after being substituted?

Full time, Ivory Coast win.

Emphatically deserved, though when people look up "their name was on the cup" online from this point onwards they will read about this campaign.

CAN-2023Emerse-Fae-Le-match-contre-la-RDC-sera-different-parce-que-nous-allons-1024x614.jpeg

Congratulations to 40 year-old Emerse Faé, Head Coach of Afcon 2023 Champions, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), who was promoted from Assistant Coach mid-tournament after early poor performances led to the dismissal of French coach Jean-Louis Gasset.

Irritated by that politician Johnny trying to get credit for his country's team's victory.

They deserved it on the night, got to give Haller credit for being on the periphery but taking his chance when it came.

Back
Top Bottom