Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

African Cup of Nations 2024

igeria v South Africa - BBC2 and iplayer at 5pm.
Not sure why but heard this was quite a contentious match, keep celebrations muted etc. I've been watching the last 15 to see a goal disallowed and a penalty scored at the ther end 😱

I also thought he got a touch of the ball first. Would have been unfortunate, comes on for a minute in first game of tournament, gives away a penalty, gets sent off. :eek:

Did you see the DRC players during the National anthem? some kind of protest with their hands over their mouths.

Can we discuss why all the managers in this tournament seem to be middle aged white blokes? Where are the black managers? I mean, it's bad enough in the premier league that we don't have any. But the african cup of nations?

edit: apols, just noticed the ivory coast boss is black

The protest during the anthem was because nobody gives a shit about the civil war raging in their country, according to the commentators. they wanted to use their platform.

Can we discuss why all the managers in this tournament seem to be middle aged white blokes? Where are the black managers? I mean, it's bad enough in the premier league that we don't have any. But the african cup of nations?

80385495-12998759-image-a-59_1706054818078.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Black Stars Fan Who Assaulted Coach Chris Hughton was Never Arrested – New Report

Chris Hughton sacked as Black Stars after abysmal campaign in Ivory

79855903-12942845-Rigobert_Song_won_AFCON_twice_as_a_player_and_wants_to_deliver_g-a-5_1705143079102.jpg

Rigobert Song, Head Coach of Cameroon, Afcon 2023​

79856183-12942845-Aliou_Cisse_has_faced_criticism_in_his_role_with_Senegal_despite-a-7_1705143079103.jpg

Aliou Cisse, Head Coach of Senegal, Afcon 2023​

79854965-12942845-Kaba_Diawara_is_managing_Guinea_and_is_a_couple_of_years_into_hi-a-10_1705143079105.jpg

Kaba Diawara, Head Coach of Guinea, Afcon 2023​

Ousman-Drammeh.jpg

Ousman Cho Drammeh, National Team Manager of Gambia (the Head Coach was european), Afcon 2023​

Back
Top Bottom