Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Aaron Kosminski Named As'Jack the Ripper.' DNA match between Kosminski and victim Catherine Eddowes.

it won't supprise anyone to find out that bakunin just came running up the stairs to tell me about this.

I would like to know how they decided that the dna on her shawl was that of her killer? yeah, it is quite likely, considering he was one of the main suspects and the killings stopped after he was committed. but he could have been one of her customers. it's a good case, but not absolute, unless there's a lot more detail to what the mirror is telling me.

it won't supprise anyone to find out that bakunin just came running up the stairs to tell me about this.

I would like to know how they decided that the dna on her shawl was that of her killer? yeah, it is quite likely, considering he was one of the main suspects and the killings stopped after he was committed. but he could have been one of her customers. it's a good case, but not absolute, unless there's a lot more detail to what the mirror is telling me.
quite. all it proves is that he touched the shawl. plus the mirror telling me someone's a world renowned dna expert doesn't tell me anything of his actual credentials, all the mirror says is he's got a phd.

The other evidence against him is substantial, but it's also largely circumstantial, granted. He could have been one of her clients but not her killer. But it's certainly the best evidence yet against any of the prime suspects of which Kosminski was one at the time.

The other evidence against him is substantial, but it's also largely circumstantial, granted. He could have been one of her clients but not her killer. But it's certainly the best evidence yet against any of the prime suspects of which Kosminski was one at the time.
if they find his dna on the clothes of the other victims then yer man would have a stronger case

incidentally, as the phrase suggests you can only have one prime suspect

He said the shawl had been taken by acting Sergeant Amos Simpson, who was on duty the night of Eddowes's death and wanted it for his wife.

But horrified at the blood-soaked wrap, she never wore it, and it was stored away and passed down through the generations until it came to auction seven years ago.

Mr Edwards said: "Thank God the shawl has never been washed, as it held the vital evidence."

I'd like to hear more about the provenance of this shawl that has the evidence on it. Seems odd that a piece of blood-soaked evidence from one of the most notorious crimes of the era just got stuck away for decades and has never been examined before despite countless investigations. Also, statements about the crime being solved "definitely, categorically and absolutely" do tend to go hand-in-hand with statements like "Naming Jack the Ripper will be published by Sidgwick & Jackson on Tuesday and costs £16.99 for a hardback."

I'd like to hear more about the provenance of this shawl that has the evidence on it. Seems odd that a piece of blood-soaked evidence from one of the most notorious crimes of the era just got stuck away for decades and has never been examined before despite countless investigations. Also, statements about the crime being solved "definitely, categorically and absolutely" do tend to go hand-in-hand with statements like "Naming Jack the Ripper will be published by Sidgwick & Jackson on Tuesday and costs £16.99 for a hardback."
They claim to have DNA on it that matches that of the victims descendents as well. They're not just saying they found Kosminski's linked DNA on shall supposed to have been owned by the victim, but that her DNA is on it too.

i would be very surprised if there were any living semen cells on her shawl after this length of time.

There wouldn't have been, or not unless someone had been ejaculating on the garment recently :hmm:

DNA still remains in dead cells though, it wouldn't be intact DNA because there would be no cellular processes to repair or protect it but with techniques like PCR you can take one tiny sliver of genetic material and copy it thousands of times until you've got enough to run tests on.

Anyone got a better link than The Mirror for this, preferably with a bit more detail? I'm intrigued now.Googling just seems to get rehashed versions of the Mirror story.

Nice to see that the basics of Police work haven't changed :
He said the shawl had been taken by acting Sergeant Amos Simpson, who was on duty the night of Eddowes's death and wanted it for his wife.

This isn't the first attempt to use MAGICAL DNA to 'solve' these murders and this books journey to the charity shops is likely to be just as rapid as it's predecessors.

Back
Top Bottom