Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

a thread of fake Morleys

Booo. That's taken all the fun out of it. (Well, it would if it was a complete list...)

Couple of 'world exclusives' for you...

Firstly, the recently rebranded Metro's, (nee MFC, nee Marleys) on Brookmill Road, Lewisham:

20170923_130430_zpshxkkr1ka.jpg

and this, this is pretty special. I give you Morliss.... Ramsgate!!

P1010181-RAMSGATE_zpswpvivh3l.jpg

Soon to be Gentrified chicken. A prime spot for a wine bar and posh nosh :mad:

The ‘brix’ in their new name is slightly aspirational as we’re the wrong end of coldharbour lane for cocktail bars, for now , but yeah give it a few weeks.

I’ll confirm shortly but I think yes it’ll be a b under there. There’s limits to how imaginative you can be with a fried chicken logo though, I think the colonel would lose this copyright case.

There's a Marleys on Brookmil Road (menu has the O changed to an A) and a Mowelys with a double M burger in Deptford and Catford.

Morleys are the business. Did they start in Lewisham?

Pretty sure the first one was in New Cross, a few doors down from Venue nightclub. Its now a kebab shop

Not sure where else to post this so i'll put it here.
Today I visited this establishment in peckham (on the main road near the burger king).

khf.jpg

I got the doner meat and chips and they asked if i wanted it chile.
I said yes thinking it would be with standard chile sauce (Which I don't hate but find boring in terms of flavour complexity).
To my pleasant surprise when I opened up the box I found that they combine the meat with a mix of fried onions and peppers.
It was delicious and very filling especially for the price. Mine was around £3, my friend got a chicken burger, chips and spicy wings (a number 10) and the total was under £6.

Back
Top Bottom