Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

8 Years for Karen Matthews (own daughter kidnap)

She should have chucked caustic soda over the poor kid, she'd have only got seven years then.

Roughly the right sentence in my opinion. The more vindictive part of me would have liked her to get a ten stretch but she is going to have a hard time of it so 8 years is about right. Especially as she is going to be reviled when she comes out as well.

she's applied for a change of identity when she is released

Hope she doesn't get it - this is something that should only ever be used as a real last resort not something that anyone could or should be eligable for because they mistreated their kids - she was an adult in her 30's when she committed this crime.

Mr Donovan also got eight years.

_44112880_emu_pa416.jpg

Michael-Donovan_1114336c.jpg

He doesn't look very happy about it either.

she's applied for a change of identity when she is released

TBF I don't think there is any other option but to give it to her. The problem will be keeping in secret as from the days of the appeal for info and the trial this woman is her own worst enemy. Also I can imagine her using the change of ID as a bargaining chip, and threatening or blowing her cover when something she doesn't like happens - she doesn't seem to have the maturity to be able to handle something like this. She came across as immature and childish like that.

The judge stated that he doesn't think that Matthews and the uncle acted alone - I find it hard to believe that the pervy b/f Matthews was living with at the time had no knowledge - can't really see Matthews managing to keep it between her and the uncle.

Back
Top Bottom