Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

5:2 Diet book author and TV presenter, Michael Mosley, missing

danny la rouge

More like *fanny* la rouge!
Search under way after TV presenter Michael Mosley goes missing in Greece Michael Mosley: TV presenter missing on Greek island of Symi

There would appear to be strange circumstances surrounding his disappearance. But it doesn’t sound good.

I’ve watched a few of his documentaries. I also read his 5:2 book and tried it, but put on weight over the four or so months I did it. (I was also very grumpy on fast days).

I've enjoyed listening to his "Just One Thing" series on R4.

Perhaps because of that, I've also enjoyed the pastiche of those on Dead Ringers.

But having heard this news, it makes me feel sad, as I feel fond towards him for those reasons.

Yes, very odd. Aside from some sort of deliberate disappearance or kidnapping, he should have been found by now. Don't know the island, but with drones and human/dog searchers you'd think they'd have discovered him, be it good news or bad. Hope it turns out well.

Lots of concern about him on social media.
Dunno why - he was one of those diet grifters who gave dangerous advice. Fuck him.

He really wasn’t. His advice was always based on science.

Not really. Even 5:2 is not particularly well established. Keto certainly isn't. And a lot of this stuff, even when it has some level of 'scientific backing' really means 'it works if you stick to it for a limited period, and have a specific lifestyle, but then your body adapts and you feel like shit because it's clearly your fault and thus unto eating disorders'.

Still, hope he is found of course. Plenty of friends who are worse cranks.

I have probably been radicalised by the Maintenance Phase podcast, but am not a fan of weight-loss diets, though was hardly a fan of them before
I think I've permanently screwed my metabolism having dieted for extensive periods of my adult life and that podcast has been a real help in ditching that mentality. I got to meet Aubrey Gordon earlier this year after a showing of her film, she's a phenomenal person.

Still hope this man is found, awful for him and family.

Btw i only know him as an author of diet books. Did not know he was also a media personality.
His podcasts "Just One Thing" are really good.

Also his his TV programme about the brain and neuroscience was very interesting. Plus he once ate a tapeworm to test what effect it had.

Tbf his diet books, for me, are the least interesting thing about him

Last edited:
Too soon man......
Just a thought. Maybe some people don’t like our neo fascist society? Can we not consider stepping out when all our so called culture offers is usuary enslavement for the sole purpose of been born.
I can certainly see why someone would put their passport in their shoes and fuck off.
But no one has any better ideas do they?
Oh noes he disappeared!!
Maybe he fucking wanted to live?

Back
Top Bottom