Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your most underwhelming critically acclaimed multi award-winning films

I’m beginning to suspect Villeneuve is a massively overhyped maker of empty but gorgeous looking spectacles.
Arrival was brilliant though.

Glad it’s not just me. Wish I’d seen it in the cinema - maybe i just didn’t give it enough attention. I cannot remember a single scene from it, no lines, no looks, no action, nowt but people sitting at tables and frowning

There were some murders, I think. But very dull ones.

Polytechnique and Incendies are also very good so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I was hesitant posting that cos I think I’ve only watched his work from Sicario/Arrival, whichever came our first. The Enemy and Passengers were also well reviewed.

Reactions: Sue
The last two thirds have been sitting on Amazon waiting to be watched for months. I’ve never found a Scorsese film remotely tedious before now.

Wolf of Wall Street was just nine hours of a cunt being a cunt.

I've not even tried watching the Irishman because it looks like an AI parody/mash-up of all those 'classic' Scorsese movies. Also it's another nine hours long.

Wolf of Wall Street was just nine hours of a cunt being a cunt.

I've not even tried watching the Irishman because it looks like an AI parody/mash-up of all those 'classic' Scorsese movies. Also it's another nine hours long

I’d forgotten about the Irishman. It’s probably time to stop giving Martin money to make films.

I’d forgotten about the Irishman. It’s probably time to stop giving Martin money to make films.
Or give him money to make a film, as long as it’s an adaptation of the first Italian-American comic book superhero for Marvel. Filmed on an iPhone at ILM’s Volume greenscreen studio

Or give him money to make a film, as long as it’s an adaptation of the first Italian-American comic book superhero for Marvel. Filmed on an iPhone at ILM’s Volume greenscreen studio
You made me look up who the first Italian-American comic book superhero for Marvel was. If Scorsese was going to do a Marvel film, The Punisher would probably be in his comfort zone.

Back
Top Bottom