Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your favourite BACK covers of albums

Indeliblelink

\......👁&👁......./
We've done front covers to death but do you have any favourite / memorable / famous back covers to albums.
Will also accept back covers to singles if they're good.
Inspired by this tweet by Ice-T today, a pic of Eminem wearing a top with the back of Ice-T's 1988 Power album on it. Certainly a legendary behind.

Speaking of XTC, here they go all Disraeli Gears for their Dukes of Stratosphear alter-ego.
duke3_1024x1024.jpg

Another great gatefold. Like the back for the railway interest around the old Red Bank sidings.

2366922111_1786724ddf.jpg

Attachments

• 19_nsg_orig.jpg
    19_nsg_orig.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 3
Please point out the diff. twixt these and the blue columnists. (This has little to do with song.)

Although, continuing my fondness for overly-wordy back covers, I'd say that the greatest ever early Clash back cover wasn't for an album at all, but the White Riot single:
1725897360423.jpeg
Which introduced me to what, many years later, I learned was a Stuart Christie/Albert Meltzer quote years before I knew who either of them were, and is a bit of writing I still find myself thinking of whenever generations are discussed. Thanks to the Clash for that.

Oh, and sticking with the theme of arty post-punk bands dicking around with their back covers, there's Gang of Four's Damaged Goods EP, where they sent a photograph to their label with a letter describing how they wanted the sleeve to look, and the label just put the photograph and accompanying letter on the back cover:
1725898010935.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom