Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

things up improved with rogues condition. called the hospital yesterday to take her in. the chap said why dont you just get her x-rayed at vet which will be cheaper. I would also have to pay £100 transfer fee as I didn't bring her in on the day the vet referred her. He checked the vets system and found a 09:15 slot and emailed them to inform I will be coming in. While on the phone to him, Rogue used the litter tray to take her 1st poo for two days. This made be think, there can't be anything stuck in her tummy.

So called in sick at work and took her to the vet. explained about her taking a dump. A different locum vet was there. She felt her tummy and didn't notice anything unusual so gave her anti-biotic jab to bring the temperature down as it was very high and prescribed penicillin and also metacam. It seemed to work within minutes. When we got home she was walking about more.

This morning around 2 am she jumped into bed and started purring and hitting my face to wake me up, which she hadn't done while sick. It was a very good sign of recovery...

Looks like £600 or so on x-ray wasn't necessary at all. the first vet may have jumped the gun with recommendation of x-ray and IV drip to re-hydrate her.

watching an old youtube vid of the girls playing in a laundry basket when they were kittens made me go buy a new one from argos and use the old one as their new play basket.
Rogue looks so tiny and Chloe looks so slim before the weight gain

Fast forward 4 years and here is Chloe in the same basket as in the video. One claw stuck but still playing with the toy:

IMG-20190122-212433026.jpg

IMG-20190122-212502527.jpg

IMG-20190122-212508362.jpg

Molly has been to the vet again! fur lossage is due to being allergic to the flea bites and should clear up in a month or less, apparently

glad it's nothing drastic. dunno if it's the same with female kittehs of the opposite sex, but (neutered boy) kitteh i used to live with had to be given a hormone shot or two to re-grow fur after this sort of thing - vet said that neutered cats can struggle a bit to re-grow fur

George practising for his school photo.

is he as pussed off as he looks?

We keep ours in the corridor all the time and they are used as bolt holes when they are chasing each other up and down the house.

I’ve just put your here profile and your real life/Facebook self together. Slightly embarrassing that I hadn’t so far. :facepalm::oops: I didn’t know you were you

:D No real reason why you would, our irl transactions didn't contain much that related to here, or Vicky Verso ;)

Also, not entirely sure that I know that I'm me anyway :hmm:

We keep ours in the corridor all the time and they are used as bolt holes when they are chasing each other up and down the house.

Radar loves the carrier - which is available all the time - and uses it as a cat bed/hidey hole (it has a nice blankie in it) when he wants some quiet time. It definitely made it a little easier when he had multiple vet visits over a couple of months last year. He was easily trained to go in the carrier using a vocal command. Not kidding, I say "get in" and he walks into the carrier and lays down and I shut the door.

Sonic has a neutral relationship with the carrier. He doesn't love it as cat bed, but he doesn't fear and dread it - he wails when he is in it (we usually take him for vet appointments on the bus, and there is "WAAAAAHHHHH" "WAAAAAAHHHHHH" "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" going on the entire journey. It is an indignant "what the fuck do you think you are doing? Acknowledge me as your feline overlord and submit to my will" rather than a "ooooh I am scared" wail though.

Jakey HATES being in a carrier. When we first brought him home he wasn't a kitten which might have been easier, he was a little older and clearly already hated travel. He had a bit of a panic (which is horrible to watch) and kicked the door off the carrier we first brought him home in, I had to take out my shoelaces to tie bits of the carrier back together so that we could get him home safely. I can get him in a carrier (a very sturdy one!) for vet visits because it's for his own good, I am determined, and I have a very thick long-sleeved top. He's a sweet cat, but he panics when being put in the carrier, so a thick long-sleeved top is a must.

Also, top loaders are slightly easier for cats that are difficult to put in a carrier (IMO)

Last edited:
Some serious lap-love this afternoon. I was watching the Millwall-Everton match on the telly, whilst cooking four different things in the oven. This meant reasonably frequent lap evictions, but Missy remained determined and got back on seven times in the course of 90 minutes.

Some serious lap-love this afternoon. I was watching the Millwall-Everton match on the telly, whilst cooking four different things in the oven. This meant reasonably frequent lap evictions, but Missy remained determined and got back on seven times in the course of 90 minutes.

:D

I had Sonic and Jakey trying to do what I call a "double-decker" on my lap yesterday. One gets on then the other tries to get on top of that. I have tried explaining that cats do not stack in a way that I consider stable enough to remain on my lap for long without significant digging in of claws for balance, and possible slippage (which tends to involve bleeding scratches as they try to hang onto my legs). They don't care, they just want to be on my lap at the same time.

So today I nipped out to the shops, I needed a plastic storage box in which to keep open bags of pasta/rice/pulses etc. The bloke in the - well it's not a pound shop because a lot of stuff is more than £1 (my plastic box was £4) - let's call it a random assortment of cheap goods shop - took one look at my sweater, asked me how many cats I had, told me that was too many and tried to sell me a multipack!!! of lint rollers... fuck my life...

:D

I had Sonic and Jakey trying to do what I call a "double-decker" on my lap yesterday. One gets on then the other tries to get on top of that. I have tried explaining that cats do not stack in a way that I consider stable enough to remain on my lap for long without significant digging in of claws for balance, and possible slippage (which tends to involve bleeding scratches as they try to hang onto my legs). They don't care, they just want to be on my lap at the same time.

Photos of two-tier lap occupation please.

:(
A few minutes ago Molly came down from upstairs and sat on some paper near me on the floor, her front legs slid down on and she was shaking, tried to get up and couldn't walk straight or very well at all.
Legs going from under her and was half dragging herself into the next room where the litter tray is and half fell over, seemed to be trying to drag herself and failing, poo came out as she was resting against the wall and didn't seem to be able to move.
She moved a bit and I picked her up, was a bit of a protest. She managed to half run back upstairs but the almost collapsed again, breathing heavily and shaking, also her eyes look really cloudy and she looks freaked out/confused.
Have been sat with her for a while and eyes a bit less cloudy around edge, she even went for me a little bit as I touched her paw.
Still seems to be breathing heavily and looking freaked out
Partner has rung the emergency vet
Don't really know what to do as she managed to run up the stairs and is now resting

Oh ddraig! How old is she? It sounds very similar to when my old Nuttacat had his first stoke.

He then went on blood thinning meds and apart from me having to work out how to fool him to take tablets 3 times a week he had another good, quiet, two years.

Back
Top Bottom