Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Into the last 50km or so of the Tour stage today I became distracted, as at the other end of the sofa someone was twitching their legs all over the place whilst sleeping.

Lovely Vic presented us with a present a couple of mornings ago - it was about 1am and he ran in making the noise he makes when he’s caught something. I leapt up from bed to spare Mrs SFM the gory details and went downstairs to find a huge dead rat at the bottom of the stairs. This bastard easily weighed a pound and a half and was still warm as I picked it up and put it in the bin. Happy days…
Could be worse. What's worse than your cat catching and killing a rat?

Your cat catching and not killing a rat. 😱

Could be worse. What's worse than your cat catching and killing a rat?

Your cat catching and not killing a rat. 😱

One night years back, the back door was open and old BD walked-in carrying a medium-sixed rat in his mouth. He dropped it right in front of me but unusually, he hadn't killed it. Maybe he brought it to me for that particular "pleasure"?

Anyway, the rat shot-off with quite a turn of speed and went straight for the fire, going right-in behind it. Despite looking hard, I never saw it again, hopefully because it had gone up the chimney and got out that way. Hopefully! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Haven't had a call back from the vet and they're closed now.

Jakey seems OK for the time being, it seemed to last about an hour with him back and forth from the litter tray and just doing little dribbles everywhere (so not emergency style blocked) - I am starting to wonder if sporadic bladder spasms are a thing in cats.

I might get another cystocentesis done over the next couple of days even if he seems alright now. Costing a fucking fortune Jakey! Get your weeing sorted out lad!

Haven't had a call back from the vet and they're closed now.

Jakey seems OK for the time being, it seemed to last about an hour with him back and forth from the litter tray and just doing little dribbles everywhere (so not emergency style blocked) - I am starting to wonder if sporadic bladder spasms are a thing in cats.

I might get another cystocentesis done over the next couple of days even if he seems alright now. Costing a fucking fortune Jakey! Get your weeing sorted out lad!
Awww bless him! Hopefully just a hiccup.

not very pettable kittehs near star lane DLR station (north of canning town, east london)

star-lane-kittehs.jpg

i was near there for a job interview today (anyone who knows the patch and the sort of thing i do will probably work out where, but would prefer to avoid speculation)

i did see a (real) tortie cat in a doorway almost across the road from there but the doorway was too dark for a decent photo.

not very pettable kittehs near star lane DLR station (north of canning town, east london)

View attachment 432896

i was near there for a job interview today (anyone who knows the patch and the sort of thing i do will probably work out where, but would prefer to avoid speculation)

i did see a (real) tortie cat in a doorway almost across the road from there but the doorway was too dark for a decent photo.
I think I might have met the tortie you're on about when I lived near there.

Good luck with the job!

View attachment 432896

I don't know what you do but I used to work near there too and it's a bloody great part of town. Good luck!

My two are indoor cats until the fledgling blackbird whose father they offed is fully grown. It could be weeks - it's still at the 'sitting fatly and helplessly like some kind of buffet item' stage of life, and with only one parent to look after it, I feel it could take a while :/ I'm putting out soaked mealworms and grain for the poor mother bird.

And the cats are going loopy. I feel quite sorry for them - they're bored out of their minds.

Being a bird lover does not go well with being a cat lover. Endless angst.

My two are indoor cats until the fledgling blackbird whose father they offed is fully grown. It could be weeks - it's still at the 'sitting fatly and helplessly like some kind of buffet item' stage of life, and with only one parent to look after it, I feel it could take a while :/ I'm putting out soaked mealworms and grain for the poor mother bird.

And the cats are going loopy. I feel quite sorry for them - they're bored out of their minds.

Being a bird lover does not go well with being a cat lover. Endless angst.

Having had permanently indoor cats for 18 years now, I reckon you would be well off getting some wand toys and playing with them before meals to simulate hunting behaviour, it really does help :)

Hope the baby blackbird makes it, and grows up quickly so your cats can go back outside, big difference when cats are used to going outside.

Back
Top Bottom