Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yorkshire, third best region in the world!

except for Blackpool. (merseyside had the great benefit of meaning they no longer had to be associated with the mancs)
But I think that most people living in Greater Manchester would still consider themselves Lancastrians. GM hasn't caught on in the way Merseyside has. Probably because most of the people living in the outlying towns and pretendy cities like Salford harbour resentment of Manchester proper. They should have thought of a better name.

But I think that most people living in Greater Manchester would still consider themselves Lancastrians. GM hasn't caught on in the way Merseyside has. Probably because most of the people living in the outlying towns and pretendy cities like Salford harbour resentment of Manchester proper. They should have thought of a better name.

As if Bolton isn't Lancashire!

e2a Wigan too!

Glaswegians and Geordies seemed to have a particular affinity for the town but not Scousers. Or you just mean Blackpool is excluded from Liverpudlian antipathy towards "wools" and "mancs"?
Scousers seem to flock to Wales for their 'staycations'

I genuinely haven't met a better tea yet.

I keep thinking about picking up a box of lancashire, just to see how it compares, but worry that some sort of alarm will go off if I do :(

As a non-tea drinker, the "Yorkshire" tea pride thing amuses me.

Almost as bad as taking a runny Indian chutney, banging the Houses of Parliament on the bottle and calling it HP sauce!

hp-sauce_1318716c.jpg

Glaswegians and Geordies seemed to have a particular affinity for the town but not Scousers. Or you just mean Blackpool is excluded from Liverpudlian antipathy towards "wools" and "mancs"?
Far more scousers there than Glaswegians or Geordies last couple of times I've been

Far more scousers there than Glaswegians or Geordies last couple of times I've been

Loads of Glaswegians LIVE in Blackpool. There was always the summer season concept of "Glasgow weekend" and "Geordie weekend" too, when those inhabitants of those cities would come in large numbers at the same time. There's no Scouse weekend and has never been a disproportionately high number of visitors from there unlike Glasgow and Newcastle.

I got called an "English bastard" because I was so outnumbered by Glaswegians when I worked at Blackpool Pleasure Beach as a teenager!

I don't think I've ever had Yorkshire tea. Is it a long standing brand? I had sort of assumed it was created by some PR agency in the 90s.

The brand came from Taylors of Harrogate in the seventies, so fairly longstanding.

To suit Yorkshire people? Bitter tea sounds like a terrible idea.
:D

apparently the lancashire stuff's blended in Liverpool :hmm:
edit: newton-le-willows. which used to be lancashire, but is now merseyside..

Last edited:
But the whole point of Yorkshire is the size and the empty spaces. The massive dales, the moors and the stunning views. People in Yorkshire don't want to be squeezed up like people in London. We love and enjoy our countryside. :)
Well yes, and that's fortunate for you, but clearly people would rather live elsewhere, was my point. The cities of Yorkshire are less popular with businesses and people than quite a few other cities in the uk. If yorkshire is so great, why is that? That lack of density might be nice, but unless those cities are turning businesses and house-builders away, saying "sorry, we're full", it doesn't explain why Yorkshire urban areas haven't become so densely populated.

Loads of Glaswegians LIVE in Blackpool. There was always the summer season concept of "Glasgow weekend" and "Geordie weekend" too, when those inhabitants of those cities would come in large numbers at the same time. There's no Scouse weekend and has never been a disproportionately high number of visitors from there unlike Glasgow and Newcastle.

I got called an "English bastard" because I was so outnumbered by Glaswegians when I worked at Blackpool Pleasure Beach as a teenager!
fair do's (well, not about being called an 'English bastard'), wasn't my experience. Tho I did only go in the Crazy Scots bar once

Back
Top Bottom