Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yorkshire, third best region in the world!

Anyway, stop making this so negative, Lancscum Favelado :mad:

Here we were, basking in the glory of our home County and you have to bring the negative aspects into it. You've obviously had your soul poisoned growing up in Mordor. We're not like that over here. We're nicer.

So good stuff only from now on please ;)
Good stuff about Yorkshire?
Urmm, it's not to far from Lancashire.

Good stuff about Yorkshire?
Urmm, it's not to far from Lancashire.
No! I meant if you want to say Lancashire is better than Yorkshire, do it by pointing out what's good about Lancs, not what's bad about Yorkshire. Like us nice Yorkshire people are doing. Stop being so negative :p

Going back to the original top ten list (of top ten regions to visit in 2014 NOT top ten regions in the world full stop), it's a very bizarre selection. Why Mallorca is worth a visit this year but Galicia isn't is anyone's guess. Texas, yes - California no. Okinawa is OUT and Hokuriku is in. Yorkshire gets in partly because of the Tour de France but the infinitely more beautiful, interesting, friendly and culturally vibrant Rio de Janeiro state region has the World Cup Final and isn't anywhere to be seen.

I guess they just have to mix it up every year for commercial reasons.

None of the Top Ten from 2013 make it into 2014. Did they all go shite?

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/themes/best-in-travel/top-10-regions/

it's pretty much a random list.

Going back to the original top ten list (of top ten regions to visit in 2014 NOT top ten regions in the world full stop), it's a very bizarre selection. Why Mallorca is worth a visit this year but Galicia isn't is anyone's guess. Texas, yes - California no. Okinawa is OUT and Hokuriku is in. Yorkshire gets in partly because of the Tour de France but the infinitely more beautiful, interesting, friendly and culturally vibrant Rio de Janeiro state region has the World Cup Final and isn't anywhere to be seen.

I guess they just have to mix it up every year for commercial reasons.

None of the Top Ten from 2013 make it into 2014. Did they all go shite?

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/themes/best-in-travel/top-10-regions/

it's pretty much a random list.
You might be right. I wonder when Lancashire will be featured :D

You might be right. I wonder when Lancashire will be featured :D

We've no interest in such a meaningless accolade.

http://www.roughguides.com/best-places/2014/top-10-cities/

People from other places in the UK wouldn't start jumping up and down about such things. Liverpool and Glasgow feature in this top ten cities in the world list for 2014 but no-one from those places started a thread about it. Yorkshire arrogance is so easily activated that it takes the merest list to start a collective feeling of superiority.

People from other places in the UK wouldn't start jumping up and down about such things. Liverpool and Glasgow feature in this top ten cities in the world list for 2014 but no-one from those places started a thread about it. Yorkshire arrogance is so easily activated that it takes the merest list to start a collective feeling of superiority.

Such negativity. Many insecurity. Wow.

:)

:D

No! I meant if you want to say Lancashire is better than Yorkshire, do it by pointing out what's good about Lancs, not what's bad about Yorkshire. Like us nice Yorkshire people are doing. Stop being so negative :p
Lancashire's alright for a quick visit given that it's not too far from Yorkshire.

that sort of thing?

Don't forget matey that you will be popping over to "Yorkieland" next month. :hmm:

Indeed. I'll be wearing my suit of armour.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Source data for this claim is extremely spurious though, if you read the comments (which, being full of bickering about traffic and a closed bridge :confused:, don't reflect well on the people of York :D:facepalm:).

There's an interesting quote from that article, perhaps suggesting some insular tendencies.

Reviewing figures from the last three years, Superbreak also found that the favourite destination of people living in Yorkshire, for a few days away, is in fact Yorkshire.

And a contrasting below the line comment:

Does "city break" mean "come from the North-East and get offensively drunk all weekend"? Because I can see that being the case.

And it appears that this report is based on bookings from one company, as far as can be ascertained from the article.

Were all the bookings for the Yorkshire entries in the list made by Yorkshire folk, given the first quote?
wink.gif

Just popped in to see if you baldies have settled your row over that comb. Carry on, I'll check up again in another week or two

He takes himself incredibly seriously as an actor - Especially when you consider his most famous role is that of a poor man's Captain Kirk.

What difference does that make? Plenty of the best people on the stage in the UK take film/TV roles, theatre pays fuck all. Doesn't really matter what the role is.

He does come across as a bit... odd though.

As an example was just watching Horizon on placebos... Narrated by Stephen bloody Berkoff. You may recognise him from such classics as 'that one where Jean Claude Van Dame joins the foreign legion' or Orlov in Octopussy. He's had bit parts in a few good films, but really seems to revel in cast as sadistic bastards in dross. Very influential theatre director and playwright... Er... not that this is really a get out clause, by all accounts he's a complete shit. But quite an intelligent one.

Back
Top Bottom