• I don't feel the cold me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're hideous

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5Q1mKdd4_uU
timthumb.php

Real men can wear what they damn well please without worrying about whether they look like "men" or not.

theres nothing unmanly about refusing to wear something in case it makes you look like a refugee from Kajagoogoo . Its the slippery slope to leg warmers

For those who neither like flappy ends, nor want to be seen in a snood, I give you the Arctic Tuck:

nscarves.gif

id just about consider "the fling", but then change my mind after a few minutes , admit Id momentarily lost the run of myself, and revert to the classic traditional . The other 2 are for pretentious fops and metrosexuals...same thing really.

I wear what it now appears is called a neck tube. But I wear it over my face and then a normal scarf round my neck. I wouldn't wear a snood as in a huge tube pulled up and over my head like a big knitted periscope, though I would if I thought it suited me.

I have a fleece one with a sort of bib which the seller sent me when I bought some motorbike trousers. It's brilliant so I wear that all the time on the bike now it's cold.

I also have a thing which I can't categorise easily; it's a knitted hood which extends down the neck to keep your neck warm as well, and buttons up the front. This too is brilliant as it's simultaneously a hat and scarf, adds a hood to any coat that doesn't have one, and is great when cycling as you can put the hood down when you've got your helmet on, and back up when not.

I have one of these

431103-500x500.JPG

God send on the bike. Haven't yet worn it off the bike though. It is extremely cosy.

That's not really a snood, it's a neck tube.

Yup - As well as Mrs M's proper snood, thay are worn like this on guys to keep the beard/tache under control:

w_377_xx_1.jpg

Neck tubes however are useful bits of kit - I have several and they were great for insulating and reducing the effect of high-speed bug impact for the exposed bit between your crash helmet and jacket on a motorbike.

I'm coming back to the UK for Christmas this year. I bought a snood not knowing they have gone through some sort of revival and am now rather concerned about getting my head kicked in.

I treasure my memories of the hospice shop in ilminster:)

Just found that chalet school book you bought me there ( possibly not in the hospice shop tho).

Excellent place for charity shops :)

I wear a neck tube all the time, so much easier than a scarf, fold it over my wrist when indoors, actually still got it on now....

I have a couple of Buffs. Like Geri says they're neck tubes, which can also be hats and hair bands. My favourite is my Powerpuff girl one :D

No. At least with a scarf, if you catch it on something, there's a chance it will just unravel.

You catch a snood on something, and it becomes a fashionista hangman's noose. :(

Also, in the same reasoning as those who won't drink egg nog because of the name, I won't wear anything called 'snood'.

Snood would be a good name for a fur-lined penile size-enhancing implement. Or a cold pudding made from porridge, goat's blood, and real ale.

I need to see pictures of metrosexuals with snoods

I'm absolutely not a metrosexual (at least I don't think so, I'm not quite sure what one is). Anyway - this man is very comfortable wearing his snood. It's a coincidence it matches with the jacket by the way.

2012-11-24143437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom