Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst film you've ever seen?

Why ? :confused:

I'm a big big fan of The Coen Bro's but No Country for Old Men is unwatchable nonsense.

The Matrix trilogy really is a pile of wank too, stylish action movies dressed up with a load of pretentious crap to fool the audience into thinking they're somehow "deep"

Space films are 9 times out of 10 cliched turds with weak narrative, but because they appeal to geeks and nerds somehow that makes them better than the usual shite ?

Shopping ? Have you ever seen it ? Please, go on, defend that one, I could do with a laugh :D

If you really think that a couple of films which are considered modern classics and all 'space films" are the worst films you've ever seen then you can't have seen that many films (I've never seen Shopping, that's why I didn't quote you there!). Unless, god forbid, you are just being contrarian.

For me a film that is among "the worst" would have to either be really inept on some level or be wildly offensive. There is a difference between films "I don't like", which are "wildly overrated" and that are "the worst". I could have mentioned plenty of highly regarded films I personally hate to get attention (Leon, The Shawnshank Redemption, American Beauty) but I didn't because I can see a difference between films which I regard as overrated and that don't gel with me personally and those that are "the worst" films I've seen.

It's fine to hate No Country for Old Men and The Matrix (most people agree the sequels are pants which you've suddenly decided to conflate the original with) but you also have to realise why a film is highly regarded.

As for "all space films" it's just plain lazy to claim an entire sub-genre where you probably haven't seen many of the films, as you profess to hate them.

I've tried to watch Van Helsing about 3 times. I should, in theory love it as it's about vampires and shit but I just can't make it all the way through. It's as though it's about 7 hours long when I tried to watch it.

dude, What a Girl Wants is for little girls :facepalm: you're not supposed to like it.
Doesn't mean I didn't watch it and find if shit, even on those terms.
AS I have a young daughter I see many a movie intended for little girls, it does not automatically make them all bad . Many are well crafted, decent entertainment.

Doesn't mean I didn't watch it and find if shit, even on those terms.
AS I have a young daughter I see many a movie intended for little girls, it does not automatically make them all bad . Many are well crafted, decent entertainment.

true. but we all need a little bit of fluffy, cheesy trash now and then.

I remember trying to get into Hulk on a plane. That was pretty awful.

What was the Indian Memento? I quite want to see it now! :D

TBH I can think of several films that could only have been improved by outbreaks of Bollywood dancing, including anything with Bruce Willis.
What was the Indian Memento? I quite want to see it now! :D

TBH I can think of several films that could only have been improved by outbreaks of Bollywood dancing, including anything with Bruce Willis.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1166100/

If you really think that a couple of films which are considered modern classics and all 'space films" are the worst films you've ever seen then you can't have seen that many films (I've never seen Shopping, that's why I didn't quote you there!). Unless, god forbid, you are just being contrarian.

For me a film that is among "the worst" would have to either be really inept on some level or be wildly offensive. There is a difference between films "I don't like", which are "wildly overrated" and that are "the worst". I could have mentioned plenty of highly regarded films I personally hate to get attention (Leon, The Shawnshank Redemption, American Beauty) but I didn't because I can see a difference between films which I regard as overrated and that don't gel with me personally and those that are "the worst" films I've seen.

It's fine to hate No Country for Old Men and The Matrix (most people agree the sequels are pants which you've suddenly decided to conflate the original with) but you also have to realise why a film is highly regarded.

As for "all space films" it's just plain lazy to claim an entire sub-genre where you probably haven't seen many of the films, as you profess to hate them.

In fairness what I said was that I personally find almost everything set in space to be interminable - AFAIC Sun Ra was dead wrong, space most definitely isn't the place. I also stated that I found the Matrix & No Country to be tedious wankfests as well - All my subjective opinion....But the very worst film I could think of was none of the above, but rather the absolutely risible Shopping which, in your hurry to defend the indefensible (again only my opinion), you seem to have ignored.

In fairness what I said was that I personally find almost everything set in space to be interminable - AFAIC Sun Ra was dead wrong, space most definitely isn't the place. I also stated that I found the Matrix & No Country to be tedious wankfests as well - All my subjective opinion....But the very worst film I could think of was none of the above, but rather the absolutely risible Shopping which, in your hurry to defend the indefensible (again only my opinion), you seem to have ignored.

I've already said, I haven't fucking seen Shopping and therefore I haven fucking taken issue with that one ! :facepalm:

Well then, stop chatting on like you know what you're talking about.

I was talking about No Country for Old Men, The Matrix and "space films" which I have seen. How do I not know what I'm talking about in these three instances ? I wasn't talking about Shopping and made that clear. You mentioned three films and one entire sub-genre and I took issue with three of your examples. How is that so difficult to grasp ?

Back
Top Bottom