Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst film you've ever seen?

I pfffted a lot during Prometheus. Particularly during the bit where they were running from the giant wheel and I was thinking "but you could just run sideways".

One of many, many things that pissed me off about that film. Considering it spent about ten years in development you'd think somebody would've found time to write a script that a) made sense and b) contained at least four plausible lines of dialogue.

I read on Wikipedia that Noomi Rapace had special dialect training for her English accent in the film. More money pissed down the drain there then.

Reactions: Sue
I sincerely hope nobody has mentioned Freddy got Fingered on this thread yet ? It's a much maligned masterpiece :cool:

No Country for Old Men however is the most overrated biggest load of shite ever

8 pages of shit films and no-one's mentioned The Cable Guy yet? Wanted to stop watching after 20 mins or so, mate I was watching it with said "hang on a bit it gets really good".

We aren't friends any more.

8 pages of shit films and no-one's mentioned The Cable Guy yet? Wanted to stop watching after 20 mins or so, mate I was watching it with said "hang on a bit it gets really good".

We aren't friends any more.

I doubt that you have any friends, to tell you the truth.

Worst film I've seen recently is Insidious. It started off reasonably OK which is what's saving it from being my nomination for All Time Worst Film. But my God did it take a turn. I knew it wasn't going to win any awards for acting or storyline, but fuck me...the most derivative shite I've experienced for a LONG time.

Having been unable ever to get on with either Cormac McCarthy or the Coen brothers I'd have to say good shout for No Country For Old Men.

The Matrix was a pile of wank as well.

Anything set in space - Everything's shit in space. Except Flash Gordon.

The worst film I can think of at the minute though is Shopping, starring Jude Law - Desperate stuff.

Having been unable ever to get on with either Cormac McCarthy or the Coen brothers I'd have to say good shout for No Country For Old Men.

Anything set in space - Everything's shit in space.

How provocative !

Anything set in space - Everything's shit in space. Except Flash Gordon.

The worst film I can think of at the minute though is Shopping, starring Jude Law - Desperate stuff.
Muppet.

How provocative !

Why ? :confused:

I'm a big big fan of The Coen Bro's but No Country for Old Men is unwatchable nonsense.

The Matrix trilogy really is a pile of wank too, stylish action movies dressed up with a load of pretentious crap to fool the audience into thinking they're somehow "deep"

Space films are 9 times out of 10 cliched turds with weak narrative, but because they appeal to geeks and nerds somehow that makes them better than the usual shite ?

Shopping ? Have you ever seen it ? Please, go on, defend that one, I could do with a laugh :D

I believe by 'space films' you mean 'science fiction' and yes it suffers the curse of genre fiction- any cunt thinks that they can do it. And geeks such as I buy it in the hope of some new thing done well. Or at least laers and aliens. Still not sure how they will ever film a Banks Culture novel. Someone will have a go, surely, but HOW

ah but when it is done well, thats yer 1 out of the ten.

worth recalling that the best sci fi and fantasy offerings are often b movies. Some of the utter turds I've seen jon hurt in, ffs.

Romeo and Juliet by Baz Lurhmann and Van Helsing from about 5 years ago both made me ill because of how ugly they were but the worst I can think of right now is Ong Bak 3 (or 4 I can't remember)

Ong Bak was an amazing martial arts/action film and the second one was ok but in the 3rd one for some reason it's in the past and it's 2 hours of a woman trying to get him to become a warrior again by singing and him sitting on mountains around Thailand. There is no action in it at all

I bought that in a bundle with a film that was meant to be the 'Indian Memento' and it begins quite promisingly with a big scary guy with his memory tattooed on his body and police hunting him and then it inexplicably changes into those awful song and dance routines

People saying Forrest Gump and Star Wars are the worst films you've ever seen should watch some Indian films

Romeo and Juliet by Baz Lurhmann and Van Helsing from about 5 years ago both made me ill because of how ugly they were but the worst I can think of right now is Ong Bak 3 (or 4 I can't remember)

Ong Bak was an amazing martial arts/action film and the second one was ok but in the 3rd one for some reason it's in the past and it's 2 hours of a woman trying to get him to become a warrior again by singing and him sitting on mountains around Thailand. There is no action in it at all

I bought that in a bundle with a film that was meant to be the 'Indian Memento' and it begins quite promisingly with a big scary guy with his memory tattooed on his body and police hunting him and then it inexplicably changes into those awful song and dance routines

People saying Forrest Gump and Star Wars are the worst films you've ever seen should watch some Indian films
What was the Indian Memento? I quite want to see it now! :D

TBH I can think of several films that could only have been improved by outbreaks of Bollywood dancing, including anything with Bruce Willis.

I watched what a girl wants as it was being blasted at me on a plane to Hawaii and I had little choice. Horrific in every way. Right off the bat they get a taxi from the airport which drives over tower bridge to pull up at a castle in the middle of the countryside in the middle of london. Arrrrrhhh.
The plucky American shows us stiff brits how to live, and finds out she is practially a princess ARRRRHHH>

Human Traffic was not made for me. I hated all the characters and their motivations. I loathed it.

I was hoping to enjoy inland empire and did like it to a degree to start with, but it just degenerated into about three hours of bullshit. I genuinely believe there is a good film in there because there seemed to be enough footage shot (hey what the hell it's DV right? The cheap film and filming technique may well have been what led to the undisciplined feel of the film) but it certainly wasn't in the edit I watched.

dude, What a Girl Wants is for little girls :facepalm: you're not supposed to like it.

Back
Top Bottom