Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst film you have ever seen and why?

I was sadly disappointed by the film that involved bernie mac and josh hartnett in an interracial rom-com that trotted out all the cliches and sad gags. Bernie was the best bit about the film, otherwise it was just a snapshot of the appalling state of race relations in the US as evidenced by the films treading of the same tired old gags that wouldn't have been out of place in a 70's comedy film.

I have just remembered a couple of others.

The Mother - Daniel Craig gets it on with a geriatric (who keeps drawing cocks), even worse, in real life the woman playing the 75 year old is actually 85.
not so
Anne Reid is 74 now, but 68 when she made that film

I was a little off my head at the time and I'm not touting it as the worst but WTF was The Postman all about?

Ah the postman is saved by the very very end when they reveal the monument of the postman taking the letter from the little boy, and the fat middle aged bloke in the utopian future, cries a little tear and says "I was that boy". Actually fall about laughing so bad it's awful.

Who liked Buffalo 66? Vincent Gallo is one of the most pretentious full of himself wankers on the face of planet earth, and Buffalo 66 is one of the worst most self indulgent pieces of shit I've ever seen.

Remember people, we're talking bad films, not so bad they're good.

the rich cunts in a massive apartment hoovering coke and arguing london?
or the masterpiece of psychogeography patrick keillor made?

Former!

It's not as though one has to like the characters in a film to enjoy it. Shannon Reed getting twitchy about carpet stains and The Stat Man getting shat on are added bonuses.

i switched off after half an hour of coke shouting

This says it all really. From IMDB user's review

I was always a fan of Jason for his roles in Guy Ritchie's flicks and his roles in the transporter series (one not two). But when i watched this film i was in complete awe after i witnessed his performance in this film,it was so real and charismatic it was spectacular. watching the beginning of the film i found it entertaining and creative and stylish but it was a specific scene that completely sold me. It was a scene with Jason Statham and Chris Evans as the two are in a bathroom( which they are in for quite some time) and the movie is an hour and ten minutes in when Jason Staham compares his pain with Chris Evans,Statham's acting in that scene will forever change the way i see Jason Statham from now on. The film was directed with style and beauty. Many scenes in this film is the opposite of beauty but the way they are put on camera is done so beautifully. In conclusion I urge people to see this film even if the story does not sound appealing please watch it for Jason Statham's magnificent role in the film. Although Jason was not the only great actor in the film, Chris Evans also played very realistically as well the whole cast overall, Also watch for Dane Cook as George or the guy that talks to London at the party.

I thought Tommy was quite good.

The worst film I've ever seen was one of only three films I've ever walked out of. 'Living in Hope' it was called, all about the wacky and zany antics of undergraduates living in a halls of residence called 'Hope House'.

One poor idiot fails to get on the varsity rugger team, so kills himself by driving his car into a wall. This is not handled with the sensitivity suicide deserves, nor was it even the subject of proper black humour. Instead it was, like the rest of the film, an exercise in crass ignorant stupidity.

(This was, needless to add, a product of the British film industry. The industry that made Passport to Pimlico is now incapable of producing anything other than dross).

That's why there's British films three films in competition for The Palme D'Or this year then? It amazes me how uninformed some people are about film making in the UK. Film making in this country is quietly starting to rise and some really interesting films have come out or are coming out in the next year. Not just the usual neo realist Loach/Meadows/Leigh supects either. Check out Andrea Arnold, Duane Hopkins, Steve McQueen, Kenneth Glenaan, Eran Creevy, Joanna Hogg, Asif kapadia, Lynne Ramsay then come back with the same comments.

The Butterfly Effect.

Ashton Kutcher whooshes all over time having magical attacks and changing the course of his life.

There is one bit where he is in a wheelchair and this girl really patronisingly feeds him a biscuite cracker and it crumbles all over his face. That bit is really funny.

TBH I'm not the best person for this thread as I can generally find something to llaugh at in all shit films.

The Butterfly Effect.

Ashton Kutcher whooses all over time having fits and attacks and changing the course of his life.

There is one bit where he is in a wheelchair and this girl really patronisingly feeds him a biscuite cracker and it crumbles all over his face. That bit is really funny.

TBH I'm not the best person for this thread as I can generally find something to llaugh at in all shit films.

you should take over from Paul Ross

Seen a lot of crap films I can't remember the name of - most recently was the follow up to Donnie Darko, which we turned off after 20 mins.

The worst films I saw at the cinema were Salo - 120 days of Sodom, and Dead Man - both very dull, so we walked out.

Shakespere in Love.

Fatal Attraction.

Forest Gump.

Notting Hill/Four Weddings etc

And a really terrible 80s teen flick called 'playing for keeps'

John Carpenter's Vampires

Seriously? Is this the same bloke that made Halloween and Assault on Precinct 13?

As a seal of (no) quality, it even has a Baldwin brother that I didn't even realise existed.

Utter, utter shite.

Or Johnny Vaughn in The Sun. I love measuring a movie by how many bulldogs I would give it.
I rate films by awarding them chicken thighs, as follows:

Matrix Revolutions - 2 Tesco value skinless chicken thighs

Batman Begins - 3 Waitrose farm assured chicken thighs

Dead Man Walking - 4 organic chicken thighs with a basil and pine nut crust

AH! There are so many crappy films out there one can't even begin. Forced to sit through a movie about Curling on a plane was pretty bad.

Closer (wankiest, horrible, plastic characters ever - and I quite like Clive Owen!)

God that was awful! I think I pulled a face through watching all of it (why I did watch all of it I'm not quite sure).

The only film I've almost walked out of (and would have done if I hadn't been with a large group) was the last film of the Matrix trilogy. Though that probably seemed worse because I really liked the first film.

Other than that, quite a few films that were made from books I like where they completely changed things (The Beach for example), and many films at home watched in the company of my mother as we have quite different taste in films. Jersy Girl is one of those that stands out. That was dire. :( Actually, I think my mum might have agreed with me on that one!

Edit: oh, and American Pie 3. Why? (why was it made, and more to the point, why did I waste 2 hours of my life watching it on DVD?)

The Butterfly Effect.

Ashton Kutcher whooshes all over time having magical attacks and changing the course of his life.

Reno (where is that poster now?) gave some scathing condemnation on that film. His ire rested most heavily on the 'tasteless peadophilia sub-plot'

Me, I enjoyed the film because I love crappy time travel hollywood nonsense.

Or Johnny Vaughn in The Sun. I love measuring a movie by how many bulldogs I would give it.

a friend of mine used to work for a company that did publicity/posters/trailers for films and they always used to praise Paul Ross as you could always rely on him for a positive quote for the poster no matter how much of a turkey the film was.

a friend of mine used to work for a company that did publicity/posters/trailers for films and they always used to praise Paul Ross as you could always rely on him for a positive quote for the poster no matter how much of a turkey the film was.

Oh well. I wouldn't say I find positive things in the film. I just find the truly bad bits hilarious.

I'd love it if:

"'there's a really good bit where a cracker crumbles over Ashton Kutcher's face'- Electrogirl "

appeared on a film poster though.

Oh well. I wouldn't say I find positive things in the film. I just find the truly bad bits hilarious.

I'd love it if:

"'there's a really good bit where a cracker crumbles over Ashton Kutcher's face'- Electrogirl "

appeared on a film poster though.
"really good" - electrogirl

Back
Top Bottom