Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Work starts on the eagerly awaited new Foxtons office on Brixton Road

At the risk of being regarded as even more of a humourless middle class whatever, I don't find the suggestions that the "solution" to Foxtons is a Molotov cocktail in the least bit funny. :(

There are local people living in around half a dozen flats above that parade.

It remains little short of a miracle that everyone got out alive from the flats above the block that was torched in Hackney in 2011.

TBF, a Molotov cocktail is highly unlikely to set a building on fire. You need raw accelerant, accelerant-soaked combustibles and sustained flame for that, not something that flashes off in a couple of seconds like a Molotov.

At least that's what a fireman told me. :hmm:

At the risk of being regarded as even more of a humourless middle class whatever, I don't find the suggestions that the "solution" to Foxtons is a Molotov cocktail in the least bit funny. :(

It remains little short of a miracle that everyone got out alive from the flats above the block that was torched in Hackney in 2011.
Remember this? http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/fire-on-brixton-road.173567/

I seem to have received 3 leaflets in 3 days offering to buy the flat I don't even own to sell them. (Not that I would anyway).

I'd love to lounge around all day in their premises looking as disreputable as I can muster.....I mean, they sent us letters...that's an invite, no?

I'd love to take a baseball bat to all those batteries of fizzy water bottles they keep in their oh-so-cool counters with built-in glass fronted fridges. See them explode into a million pieces with water spraying everyhere, like a Sony TV advert.

We haven't had anything from Foxtons through the door....but every other estate agent in the whole of south London appears to have been putting shit through the letterbox this week :mad:

There were no flats set on fire in the Hackney riot. Cars & bins, yes; buildings, no. You must be confusing it with somewhere else.
Not to detract from your point.

Croydon, I think. That was where the photo of the woman jumping was taken iirc.
Yup.
London-Croydon-riot-iconi-007.jpg

it's not a solution, it's a stop gap measure until the revolution's work is done.

I'd love to take a baseball bat to all those batteries of fizzy water bottles they keep in their oh-so-cool counters with built-in glass fronted fridges. See them explode into a million pieces with water spraying everyhere, like a Sony TV advert.

You haven't had sex lately, have you? :D

Back
Top Bottom