E301.jpg

Check

Ignition source:
images

Check.

Anti-police protection device:
undersea-phantom-speargun.jpg

Check.

Is there a law against ringing up estate agents in a deep and well-fed home-counties accent, arranging a property viewing, and then sitting sniggering in a cafe across the road watching them pace up and down trying to call you?

Is there a law against ringing up estate agents in a deep and well-fed home-counties accent, arranging a property viewing, and then sitting sniggering in a cafe across the road watching them pace up and down trying to call you?

No.

Apparently Foxtons have been spamming Clapham households with news of their new Brixton office, trumpeting the lower prices to be had in the area and encouraging Cla'am homeowners get in quick to make a killing.

My poor father has been known to confuse Foxtons in Streatham for a generic coffee chain and has shuffled in, taken a seat on one of their gaudy fluro-chairs then tried to work out how to order a drink on more than one occasion.

Their whole Aspirational Lifestyle Design schtick is nauseating, but I look forward to reading their promotional literature to see how many times they describe Brixton as 'vibrant'.
You should hire him out to people who live near other branches.

My good man, I can just about still do that accent, is there any particular place you'd like me to ask them about?

Blenheim Gardens and (I think) Morrish Road have both been for sale at those prices for at least 5 years. The Citadel one opposite the post ofice is newly on.
Winkworth sold a house for around 1,300,000 on Effra Road recently.

oooo, interesting..I've always thought that Citadel was huge inside - well I suppose it is, but not in all the right places and no garden to speak of.

The one at 31 BG has been on the market forever as Rushy says

For less than half the price (!) you can get a 5 bedroom in the same street, almost opposite, and with a garage -BARGAIN!

http://www.haart.co.uk/HRT011107080

At the risk of being regarded as even more of a humourless middle class whatever, I don't find the suggestions that the "solution" to Foxtons is a Molotov cocktail in the least bit funny. :(

There are local people living in around half a dozen flats above that parade.

It remains little short of a miracle that everyone got out alive from the flats above the block that was torched in Hackney in 2011.

Back
Top Bottom