Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the Guardian is going down the pan!

It's not just sexism behind these baseless speculations - the same ignoramuses have also done the same kind of speculating about Prince Harry. They see blonde or red hair and immediately come to erroneous conclusions. Cos they're 'lookist' idiots who can't resist drawing their own ignorant and stupid conclusions. These are the same kind of people who get black female MPs confused.

Reactions: PTK
I went to a secondary modern turned comprehensive. It had houses. Mine was Holland. No clue what the others were called. No one took any notice, no one gave a shit about houses.
Aye, same with ours. It was probably just a way to group us for boring admin purposes. There might have been a bit of rivalry between the sporty types but I can’t remember it being that much of a deal

It's not just sexism behind these baseless speculations - the same ignoramuses have also done the same kind of speculating about Prince Harry. They see blonde or red hair and immediately come to erroneous conclusions. Cos they're 'lookist' idiots who can't resist drawing their own ignorant and stupid conclusions. These are the same kind of people who get black female MPs confused.
Well, maybe -but that article is appalling....For example:

Yet not one person has produced a single nano-particle of evidence for their theories, while indications that they’re nonsense pile up. Consider the pictures of Owen at Carrie Johnson’s soirees. Seriously, Carrie’s the final boss of this game. She saw off master strategist Dominic Cummings (Carl von Clownewitz). Pretty sure she’d make light work of Charlotte if there were anything to worry about.

Well, maybe -but that article is appalling....For example:
Aye, I just have a bee in my bonnet about this kind of shit, being a ginger myself and also growing up with a younger brother who is tall, black and athletic and therefore the spit of <insert any famous black sportsman here>

Genuinely the worst, cringiest thing I have ever read. Reads like an alien has watched a boxed set of TOWIE and then been asked to create a list of 'authentic' experiences using drunk AI.

Or what happens when privately educated Oxbridge types try to get down with the plebs.
for a "shit" article it's sure done well to prompt 3 pages of chat here.

In other news, GMG are apparently maybe selling The Observer.
Has the Autotrader money finally run out? They were living off that for a good long while.
Back when Rushbridger was editor he really wanted to make the Guardian a full 7 days per week operation, ditch the separate Observer editorial and reduce that to at most a brand name for a insert supplement. But met too much opposition. Selling off the Observer probably the next best thing. The shared website does obscure responsibility. And the Guardian's going all in on 'digital first' anyway so keeping the Observer name around at all is just holding them back.

I often forget The Observer is still a thing as I only read online. Can’t recall if Observer content is flagged as such - think it all appears to be Guardian content.

for a "shit" article it's sure done well to prompt 3 pages of chat here.

In other news, GMG are apparently maybe selling The Observer.
Has the Autotrader money finally run out? They were living off that for a good long while.
Back when Rushbridger was editor he really wanted to make the Guardian a full 7 days per week operation, ditch the separate Observer editorial and reduce that to at most a brand name for a insert supplement. But met too much opposition. Selling off the Observer probably the next best thing. The shared website does obscure responsibility. And the Guardian's going all in on 'digital first' anyway so keeping the Observer name around at all is just holding them back.

Most of the 3 pages was a bunch of poshos haranguing a poor ignorant Irishman about how PFWC their schools were.

I often forget The Observer is still a thing as I only read online. Can’t recall if Observer content is flagged as such - think it all appears to be Guardian content.
it is tagged next to the by-line. on the website anyway I haven't checked the apps.
blink and you'll miss it.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 10.32.36.png
Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 10.34.08.png

but I have noticed that's not on the crosswords.

there's even a homepage for just Observer content, but I've no idea how anyone would find that. it doesn't appear to be linked from the Guardian home page at all or advertised anywhere.
Observer | The Guardian redirects you to Observer | The Guardian

Back
Top Bottom