Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which urban posters will be entitled to Scots citizenship?

If Scotland goes indy, will I get citizenship?

• Total voters
don't think i qualify - as far as i know, i have to go back 5 generations for ancestor born in scotland (ayrshire) - he emigrated to canada, married an irish woman, then one of their daughters married a british soldier who was serving in canada round the time of the american civil war so that bit of the family ended up in england.

don't think i qualify - as far as i know, i have to go back 5 generations for ancestor born in scotland (ayrshire) - he emigrated to canada, married an irish woman, then one of their daughters married a british soldier who was serving in canada round the time of the american civil war so that bit of the family ended up in england.
As a first gen half-scot spawn, get off the fucking thread. :p

Doesn't say what the deal is if you're married to a Scot but I think I'd get in easily enough - won't be a dealbreaker if they want me to surrender the UK passport

I haven't read the detail, but with one parent and three grandparents born in Scotland, I think I'd qualify.

Not convinced it will be happening any time soon, but that's for another thread.

My grandma was born in Edinburgh while her mum who was from London was visiting her Scottish in-laws, so I'm entitled to one but probably won't apply because I can't see a Scottish passport would confer any benefits over a UK one.

I have no Scottish relatives that i'm aware of and have never been there so i can't get a Scottish passport. My gran on my mums side was born in cork so i could get an irish passport (as i understand the irish rules) but i've never applied for one. Only advantage is jumping the "large queues" since brexit. I haven't been abroad since 2018 ish but i've heard from others it's not that bad using a uk passport anyway.

My grandma was born in Edinburgh while her mum who was from London was visiting her Scottish in-laws, so I'm entitled to one but probably won't apply because I can't see a Scottish passport would confer any benefits over a UK one.
Not the only thing you can't see as weepiper points out

Back
Top Bottom