Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where will you watch the World Cup?

1%er

Well I have my paperwork all sorted out, I have paid the bribes I need to pay, so I'm off to Brazil in the next day or so. Here in Venezuela there isn't really much World cup fever, but I was talking to a few Brazilians last night and they said the country will stop when Brazil is playing.

Apparently, the banks will have different opening hours, as will schools and Government offices, company's are being encouraged to allow flex time and you can't move for Green and yellow bunting everywhere.

I can't wait for the party to begin :D

PS anyone in Manaus?

At home, probably. Pubs are too busy, you can't get to the bar and big fat oafs end up treading on your toes and elbowing you in the face.

Here at home in England.

My street has many many flags being displayed already. :)
That's the sprit:)

060624-flags.jpg

round a mate's with some beers i expect. pubs are shit for watching big football matches in.

On the pc - assuming i can stream the matches from a non-uk site (i presume so anyway cos i not got tv licence).

I'm watching the first England game v Usa at the Hammersmith Apollo - they say it's England's largest HD screen. Best of all the tix were free, apart from a 3 quid admin fee.

too crowded, can't get a pint, lots of people who know fuck all about football. no thanks.

First week or so on the internet, in the library, pretending to revise at the same time.

Thereafter the plan is to cycle from place to place around London depending on the nationality of the venue/team IYSWIM.

too crowded, can't get a pint, lots of people who know fuck all about football. no thanks.

You would like my local then, loads of football knowledge, big screen (not huuuuuuuuuuuge but a very good size for the place), good service and a great laugh.

I cant wait to be honest

a couple of games at Glastonbury.

the atmosphere was magic last time and there's likely to be well over 100,000 of us.

You would like my local then, loads of football knowledge, big screen (not huuuuuuuuuuuge but a very good size for the place), good service and a great laugh.

I cant wait to be honest

as long as i can get a seat and still see a screen, i'm not too fussed. in most places, that ain't gonna happen though!

Its interesting that so many people say they will not watch it in the pub, I'm kind of shocked, but I have read that loads of pubs have closed and you can not smoke in pubs anymore.

like a good ex-pat, will watch it in an Irish bar with an England flag for a cape. Then probably go throw some chairs around Plaza Mayor and piss in the fountain in Plaza Cibeles.

I'll probably watch it in the pub, it's better than at home because you've got more singing/cheering and drinking. :cool:

Only really interested in the Japan, Korea, USA games. If I can find somewhere the expats from these nations hang out...

At home for the most part, maybe watch the occasional game at work.

The England - USA game I'll have to watch in a pub, in a city I don't live in, with people I don't know.

Work for early games.
Pub for England games.
Home for any games that are on when I am not in the pub.

So, pub mostly.

I have a friend who is a keen motorcyclist. He is looking forward to when the football is on television because, he says, the roads will be empty and he can go for a good fast ride on the bike.

I will watch some of it at home and some in my local pub if I can get in there - it is a very small pub.

I will probably lose interest long before the final though and certainly when England drops out. I am not really interested in football. To me it is just something that causes traffic jams when the local team is playing at home.

like a good ex-pat, will watch it in an Irish bar with an England flag for a cape. Then probably go throw some chairs around Plaza Mayor and piss in the fountain in Plaza Cibeles.

That sounds great, smash a few windowscreens as well while singing "10 German Bombers"!

Back
Top Bottom