Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will win the world cup?

Winner 2010

• Total voters
What have you got against the Dutch? Lovely people, mediocre cheeses and decent footballers.

I have nada against them, but I can't surely want them all to win!!!! Well, I suppose I could, but then someone pointed out that the Dutch, winning the world cup in South Africa, was a bit ironic, to say the least...

and now there were 12:rolleyes:

I'm a little worried that Germany have been too good iyswim.

Iirc some of the teams who packed in great performances in the early knockout stages in the past (eg Holland, Argentina) always come unstuck.

Cautious optimism at this stage but I hope Schweinsteiger shows that nasty little Busquets up.

I like Germany but I'm hoping for a Holland v Spain final just so that one of these two great football countries will finally get to win the World Cup. It's about time for both of them.

The Germans though, being the evil bastards that they're, will spoil it. ;)

Evil? That's not a word you;d equate with recent German teams.

For instance they haven't got an evil little twat like Busquets in their team or a Nigel de Jong though I do approve of NdJ's evilness especially the way he goaded Brazil after the second goal.

Badgers, dessiato, Doctor Carrot, editor, ericjarvis, goldenecitrone, Iemanja, imposs1904, JCB, jonnyd1978, littlebabyjesus, Lo Siento., Maggot, mao, Monkeygrinder's Organ, rosa, soluble duck, Streathamite, T & P, TheHoodedClaw, twister, Upchuck, William of Walworth

All wrong.

Badgers, dessiato, Doctor Carrot, editor, ericjarvis, goldenecitrone, Iemanja, imposs1904, JCB, jonnyd1978, littlebabyjesus, Lo Siento., Maggot, mao, Monkeygrinder's Organ, rosa, soluble duck, Streathamite, T & P, TheHoodedClaw, twister, Upchuck, William of Walworth

All wrong.

and the winner of Contrarian of the decade goes to...:)

Just looked at the poll again...19 for Germany. There was 3 of us at the start of the tournament.

They did well. I knew they were not the best team but the romantic in me thought with a bit of luck here and there they would have done it for Enke.

Great tournament for them though with Neuer, Boateng, Kroos, Mueller, Khadira and Ozil all looking like they'll be around for a long time to come and Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Mertesacker and Podoloski still young enough to be around in Brazil.

In fact only Klose and Freidrich will leave that squad now. And Ballack:D

Back
Top Bottom