Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

When do you return to work after Christmas?

Back in today - v quiet
Dunno why I’m so sleepy and tired. I didn’t relax much over the break but I slept enough.
Hibernation Syndrome probably

I'm in the possibly not going back camp. The last 2 years have fucked up most of my work, some customers have retired and restructured, some have closed down, very few new leads. Old parents are increasingly dependant on me and require a lot of time and commitment.

I'm in the possibly not going back camp. The last 2 years have fucked up most of my work, some customers have retired and restructured, some have closed down, very few new leads. Old parents are increasingly dependant on me and require a lot of time and commitment.
I'm feeling extra grateful to be freelance - I can cut my hours down now I'm living near them as my expenses are less. I'm sat here working on the sofa next to mum. Been freelance a very long time (nearly 20 years) but because of the pandemic and ageing parents, we've changed our business again, so its more online meaning I don't need to travel as much.

I'm feeling extra grateful to be freelance - I can cut my hours down now I'm living near them as my expenses are less. I'm sat here working on the sofa next to mum. Been freelance a very long time (nearly 20 years) but because of the pandemic and ageing parents, we've changed our business again, so its more online meaning I don't need to travel as much.
I'm freelance/self employed too, but sadly workshop based most of the time, either mine or clients. It's not like quitting work as I'll probably get things in that I'll have to do. But it is almost nice to be cutting hours back to nothing. Almost like pretending to be retiring, except for the family care duties

I've actually done a fair bit of work today, which isn't much to be honest, but boss asked me to do shit, got it done.

Boss happy hopefully.

23 mins to go...

I forgot I had overtime booked for today (9-12). Only when I got changed to go for a jog did it hit me. So logged in at 1 for a 1-4 shift which was annoying as I actually finished 4:35 and by then couldn't be bothered to go for a run. Tomorrow, will ensure I do the right time and get my run done at the end.

Considering working on Monday now. I’ve booked it as holiday but could do with the money really and there’s lots to get done.

Due to the subject I've covered recently on the work frustrations thread, I've required myself to do some WFH and some stuff in the actual workshop.
I did a list, rather than a CPA chart for the outstanding work on the current projects, that's going to need a bit more work before I can say that I've finished the plan for the next three months. In any case, it'll be provisional - something always crops up, so that revisions are needed.

I might need a short chat with various staff next week, to outline some not so obvious priorities & apply boot to backside over some slightly substandard work. I can probably do these by phone, but face to face might be better ... but omicron ?
I will be going down most nights just about official leaving time to run my eye over the work & could start leaving notes.
I will have done some actual work over the next two days [I painted 3/4 of a tool cupboard today - part of the saga - will finish that tomorrow] and there are a few things I want to do. eg move a store cupboard and the compressor.

Been back since the 3rd jan. Everyone says they are glad to be back. One guy refused a c19 test. Anyway life trundles onward and upward.

Back
Top Bottom