Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What 'sports' should be dropped for the 2028 Olympics?

New sports inspired by the ancient Greeks:

Solve a maze and then kill a minotaur at the centre of it.
New sports inspired by video games:

Navigate mazes of disinformation, then kill bosses of increasing difficulty, until you eventually face Musk.

Reactions: Sue

Ship of Theseus: sail a boat round a harbour, replacing every part of the boat without sinking or capsizing.

Sheep-stealing
I'm not so bothered about the sheep stealing (what about Promethean fire stealing instead..?) but the others would be fine additions.

Football has always seemed like a weird one to me. Nobody talks about or remembers who the gold medalists are because it's not much of a draw to begin with. Maybe it had a place when women's World Cup wasn't as popular but I think it's had it's day now. The Olympics doesn't add anything to the appeal. Same for Tennis and Golf. Breaking is also a bit crap isn't it. And walking. I'd drop all of those. And horse bothering.

Squash absolutely deserves to get back in. As it will be in 28. I'd also like to see pickleball get a shout too.

Ship of Theseus: sail a boat round a harbour, replacing every part of the boat without sinking or capsizing.

Sheep-stealing
I like these, but the problem with the Greeks is they were always being challenged and judged by the Gods. The winner was often just a favourite of the God, rather than the strongest, fastest, bravest, etc.

Hercules would never have won anything if they had VAR back then. Odysseus would have been home before tea if it wasn't for Poseidon.

If they could create an impartial God, then you'd have my vote, but the Greek Gods are more corrupt than RUSADA.

Yet another reason not to support judged events.

I've edited out my post above.

When I posted it, I wasn't aware of the SM ridicule stuff that was going on, and I just thought it was a funny meme.

Fair play to Rachel.

Dressage, breaking and synchronised swimming. You might as well add ballroom dancing if these sort of things are in.

Back
Top Bottom