Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What shoes do you wear in summer & are they comfy?

1C8CE112-59CA-4CBF-B1E6-0E1BBE5FCEE9.jpeg
Hard soled cross-leather things of which I have zero idea of the name.026A92E2-B27C-4DBF-8B42-2C5E2BEF789D.jpeg
Footsocks that let a bit of air in, white/curry colour. Blue were out of stock.

Got some pricey Vivo Barefoot efforts that are very good. See they do ankle boots now too but not tried those.

Are you still wearing them? kropotkin did you ever buy any? felixthecat do you hate all barefoot style things?

Find it hard to get decently wide shoes, although on the completely opposite end of the spectrum, do ok with Hokas. Don't particularly plan on doing any running - I am a cyclist by nature - though might start at some point. Hate how fast shoes wear out.

These.
1778927060m3_zm.jpg

They are Teva sandals. Fantastic. Very comfortable.

And these...
2667011070m1_zm.jpg

Superga trainers.
They take me from April to mid October.

For some reason my old Birkenstock sandals are causing knee problems. So I have given up on them. 🙁

I’m currently in love with a pair of 2 strap Birkenstock’s & regretting not buying the leopard print pair. Last year it was a pair of espadrilles & for when I can’t wear sandals I’m in Converse.

It depends where I am an what I’m doing. Currently I wear black brogues for shopping etc in town, blue suede driving shoes for casual eating drinking, or trainers if I’m intending to walk much. I have different flip flops according to where I’m wearing them. I’ve brown loafers for semi formal shopping etc.

I need some wet shoes for fishing and boating.

I've been living in Dunlop flip flops for the past few months, and trainers on cooler days. I genuinely don't know how I'm going to cope with wearing my usual court shoes when I eventually go back to the office.

What's semi-formal shopping? Surely shopping is just shopping.

I'm barefoot today as it's too hot.
Formal is when you have to be dressed appropriately eg chinos or suit, and are going shopping for specific things. This is usually in a town where you should be wearing black formal shoes anyway. Informal shopping is wandering around shops looking at things with no specific buying in mind. This will be done in a shopping centre.

Are you still wearing them? kropotkin did you ever buy any? felixthecat do you hate all barefoot style things?

Find it hard to get decently wide shoes, although on the completely opposite end of the spectrum, do ok with Hokas. Don't particularly plan on doing any running - I am a cyclist by nature - though might start at some point. Hate how fast shoes wear out.
That's exactly why I have a lot of them!
I've been wearing g HOKA sandal trainers, so comfortable but when it's really hot they get very sweaty and I'd prefer to have my toes completely out.

Formal is when you have to be dressed appropriately eg chinos or suit, and are going shopping for specific things. This is usually in a town where you should be wearing black formal shoes anyway. Informal shopping is wandering around shops looking at things with no specific buying in mind. This will be done in a shopping centre.
Do you mean going into posh shops? It wouldn't cross my mind to put a suit on to go into any shop - although fair enough for anyone who nips in during their dinner break if they wear one at work.

I am, finally showing few signs of wear on the upper but otherwise going strong. Just been up the park playing football with the toddler in them (me not him!)
IMG_20210704_193900.jpg

Reactions: Cid
Different sandals for different things. Birkenstock 2 strap for most of the time, teva for walking the dog (we usually end up in water), crocs for the beach. Trainers for work because needles and fluids :D

Do you mean going into posh shops? It wouldn't cross my mind to put a suit on to go into any shop - although fair enough for anyone who nips in during their dinner break if they wear one at work.
I sometimes wear a casual suit, not specifically for posh shops because that wouldn’t be right. It would be trying too hard.

I bought a pair of Source sandals about twenty years ago and have worn them every spring and summer since. They are the most expensive footwear I have ever bought, but they are definitely the best value for money. Really comfy and I can walk for miles in them. I have striped feet in the summer.
If they ever fall apart I wouldn't buy another pair though - I'd have to live to be about a hundred and fifty to get value out of a second pair. :D

Hi- yeah i've been wearing their shoes exclusively for 3 years. I have four pairs and only ever wear other shoes for specific taks (hiking boots, climbing shoes, cycling etc).
They are extremely comfortable and i'd highly recommend them. I assumed it was marketing toss at the beginning, but bought them as they had a 100 day money back guarantee.

My mate and previous housemate was a crocs in all weathers and all situation

I used to look down on him from a satirically higher perceived position

I am now entering my second year sporting crocs. Not the normal ones the boxy leather topped jobs.

I wear them at work, around the house, when off surfing and even relaxed my rule that when out on the town one must wear a pair of boots you can kick the lock off a door in

roof crocs

the only time I don’t wear them is safety critical garden mixing choppin and house work and tidying the garage

I think I just got too old to be bothered with proper shoes….next step Velcro slippers

Birkenstock-esque flat sandals for off days. Trainers for in between days. Strappy wedges for hot work days in the office. Really though, I'll always choose barefoot where that's an option.

Birkenstock’s (make me walk funny), Haviana flip flops (I like them but there’s a limit to how much you can wear flip flops if you don’t live in the States), Art sandals (my new pride and joy, so comfortable and flattering).

Black trainers, same as the rest of the year. If hiking, hiking sandals. Thank goodness I'm not teaching face to face just yet so don't have to have nice/proper shoes. When I did have to do that, it was usually leather sandals.

I wear salt water sandals and have had them for ages.
If I want my toes covered I wear Vans.
Aren't they quite punishing on pavements? There seems to be no padding or anything underfoot. I like the look of them, but I'm used to a good inch of AirWair between me and the concrete.

I normally have birkenstocks, however ending up being in London for nearly 3 months when I was coming for a month at the most has meant that I ended up buying some Croc sandals from vented- new with tags.....but I'm not getting on with them ....they don't stay on :rolleyes:
So just bought some rocket dog flip flops, should be arriving today....reviews say they are very comfortable.
SPOTLIGHTLC_black.jpg

I've had these 2 Rieker pairs of sandals for years, at least 10. Very comfy and go with pretty much anything. Although if I'm going to do a long walk these days I just wear proper trainers, even if I'm wearing a dress! DO NOT judge my grubby nails! They need a trim/nail varnish :D

oooh, these look nice, shame (or perhaps for the best, I don't need new sandals), not on my size...

Attachments

• 20210720_113924.jpeg
    20210720_113924.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210720_113908.jpeg
    20210720_113908.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Aren't they quite punishing on pavements? There seems to be no padding or anything underfoot. I like the look of them, but I'm used to a good inch of AirWair between me and the concrete.
They have some with a bit more of a padding now. A bit like the kids sandals. I haven't got any but they're on my list to buy.
SmartSelect_20210720-123451_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom