Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is the greatest service station?

On the M1 I like Northampton services the most. It has easy access and never seems to be too busy so you can usually park up close, it isn't that big so you can easily just nip in for the loos. It's got everything you'd need (unless you really need a KFC, which is always a terrible idea at a services anyway) McDs, Costa, WHS etc and inside it's got a good seating area which is light an airy and always seems pretty clean. And outside it's got some stones.

e8cce221-a076-43f3-9dc0-0319ad60f74f.jpg

If you can then, the bigger truck stops are fantastic if not glamorous. The Moto trucker ones with the lounges are stupid value. Lots of 24/7 FEB activities and a cavalcade of randoms passing through in the middle of the night who are not truckers but are usually off their faces.

They are all pretty shit tbf

I don't drive but confess if on a car journey the places with a McDs are the ones I opt for.

Wasn't there a guide book of good pubs/cafés/restaurants as alternatives to service stations?
Don't people take their own food with them when they drive long distance? That's what we did when my dad took us out on day trips to the countryside, or on holiday. Save a fortune and avoid having to eat grim junk food.

I don't drive but confess if on a car journey the places with a McDs are the ones I opt for.

Wasn't there a guide book of good pubs/cafés/restaurants as alternatives to service stations?
The problem with looking for alternative places to eat is that exiting the motorway properly is a drag, and I suspect in many cases the nearest decent cafe might be a few minutes off. Motorway services are about 30 seconds' drive from the carriageway. When you're on a long journey, every single minute spent driving away from your route (and then driving back to it) feels like an hour added to your trip.

How do you feel if they only have a BK, KFC, or Greggs?

Back
Top Bottom