Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What have people got against motorists?

tbf when I was a biker I had plenty against motorists, mainly that cocooned safe in their steel boxes with their heaters, CD players and passengers, they didn't pay enough attention to what was going on around them thus endangering road users like me!

Politics of envy. :p

Nah on a more serious note have you ever walked into round Milton Keynes away from the town center. Loads of green spaces and under passenger, but tbh when I visited a mate there I was a bit shocked about how much was out of view from the roads. OK at night it feels like it could be a good backdrop for a 21st century clockwork orange and it's still a souless place, but more to it then meets the eye.
you say that cos you get to drive monster trucks into caves for the lols and a job

but yes, I do know MK a bit, it is lovely in parts. I slept two nights in the bushes surrounding Willen Lake once and Willen Lake has always had the most epic roundabout. Its just a big no-rails disc tilted so you fall off when it gets fast but can keep the highground if you don't slide off. People just run on it. And they've got a witches hat which is a sadly underused bit of awesome kids park play stuff in modern play parks

No lols involved mate. I really really don't get the adulation for old land rovers. It's the most stressful part of this job and given the choices between having a fucking 101 as my own transport and not driving I'd be signing up for some kind of travel card faster then the torries can throw money at the knuckle draggers in NI.

I do know people who don't drive AND don't live in large cities with decent public transport.
How dastardly of them. Of course these non-drivers are the people to blame not the councils/governments that has run down and destroyed public transport over the last 30 years.

What really grinds my gears are rich people with shit cars (cf my sister).
All drivers are cunts, but ones who buy second hand cars and run them to the ground are marginally better cunts than those who buy 'performance' cars - they're the worst kind of cunts

All drivers are cunts, but ones who buy second hand cars and run them to the ground are marginally better cunts than those who buy 'performance' cars - they're the worst kind of cunts

What about buying second hand performance cars and running them in to the ground?

A couple of years ago I was cycling north over tower Bridge. There are a fair few lanes and turnings off the north end.

I pulled along side a Mini. The guy driving the car was watching a program on an ipad in his lap.

I'll tell you.
They kill people.
They think they own the road.
They've forgotten or have never read the highway code.
They overestimate their skill at driving, especially the shit ones.
They get away with it all the time.
All of them. Every single one of them. Cunts.

On your bike

I developed really horrible depression and anxiety last year. If i didnt travel by car, i didnt travel, because I couldn't handle being around strangers well enough for public transport. Without my car I'd almost certainly have lost my job and any traces of social life.

It's just one example, but im a passionate driver. I'm about as un-petrolhead as it's possible to be, but I'd give up lots in life if i could keep having a car. It's my freedom and independence.

They're basically Donald Trump on wheels, that's what. Polluting, selfish, lazy, killing, arrogant, cowardly, small fisted fuckwits hiding behind two tonnes of steel who would all be better off being wheeled through the curtain at a crematorium. Cunts.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Sorry, that was the bitter laughter of someone who had to take two weeks worth of recycling to the tip today because we'd get rats otherwise. It's also the bitter laughter of someone who has taken her children to every single kids' party and outing because, you know, eco warrior etc. All I'm saying is that there are drivers and there are passengers in this life and smugly announcing that you are 'car-free' doesn't impress me if I am then required to drive everywhere.

This is a thread to document the obnoxious and dangerous behaviour of motorists, not earnest defences of their planet-killing habits by the motorists themselves.

I was driving a van for work today when I found myself behind someone driving one of those silly little electric cars. I know they are allowed on the roads and it's their right to use the roads but they really should go to tracks like brands hatch or silverstone which are setup purely for driving if they want to play with their electric car - I mean they don't even pay road tax!

Parking on the fucking pavement. :mad:

Ah but it's only illegal to drive on the pavement, not to park there. If you see a car parked on the pavement, that's not evidence that anyone unlawfully drove the car into that position. They could easily have placed the car in that spot using a crane.

/actual public policy on this issue

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Sorry, that was the bitter laughter of someone who had to take two weeks worth of recycling to the tip today because we'd get rats otherwise. It's also the bitter laughter of someone who has taken her children to every single kids' party and outing because, you know, eco warrior etc. All I'm saying is that there are drivers and there are passengers in this life and smugly announcing that you are 'car-free' doesn't impress me if I am then required to drive everywhere.

Seems like the problem here is that you don't like your friends very much.

Seems like the problem here is that you don't like your friends very much.
I never mentioned my friends. :confused: Most of my post alluded to my husband claiming to be some sort of eco warrior whilst 100% relying on me to drive to most places that we ever need to get to, and absolutely not understanding my frustration.

Back
Top Bottom