Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Non fault accident, what to do?

So I got a guesstimate from my local family-run bodywork place and gave it to the other driver who changed his mind pretty fast, I think the poor sod was thinking it would be closer to a few hundred than a few grand. His insurers already offering to collect my car and deal with everything but I'm gonna give the job to my local and they're happy to deal with any moans from his insurers.

I'll just have to wait till renewal to find out if this is going to bite me. Thanks for the advice all.

So I got a guesstimate from my local family-run bodywork place and gave it to the other driver who changed his mind pretty fast, I think the poor sod was thinking it would be closer to a few hundred than a few grand. His insurers already offering to collect my car and deal with everything but I'm gonna give the job to my local and they're happy to deal with any moans from his insurers.

I'll just have to wait till renewal to find out if this is going to bite me. Thanks for the advice all.

How much was the guesstimate?

Report details to the insurers ... even if you don't make a claim as such.
Although, in the circumstances described, I would claim - if you are rear-ended it is automatically the other driver's fault.

If you don't, and they find out, then they'll tend to hike your premium.

The other driver admitted 100% liability and his insurers (Admiral) are paying for everything.

I had to report to my insurers (LV) the day after anyway as there will surely be a database somewhere that would flag me at renewal time. I was just speaking to them about something else but asked about this and they conformed what a few people irl have been telling me; a non-fault accident like this doesn't effect your no claims but it will bump up your premiums by a fair whack for up to 5 years because being involved in a prang increases your risk factor.

This is why people are keen to settle well away from the insurance companies, you're going to get stung even if you were sat stationary and minding your own business and someone else drives into you.

Get damage appraisal and submit to the driver. Either he or his insurance company should sort it out asap. Either he pays you in full for all damage or his insurance does.

Back
Top Bottom