Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Ep 1 of Gatiss and Moffat's Dracula. Completely OTT and more gruesome than scary. Special effects reminded me a bit of Company of Wolves in once scene. Silly but highly enjoyable.

Wasn't sure where else to put this ....An Elephant Sitting Still is on All4 for anyone who fancies watching it. 4 hours but doesn't feel like it.

Watched Drive on DVD. Not sure how I missed it the first time around.

Pretty good action flick. I like that they don't waste time with exposition and whatnot. It's an action film, show me don't tell me. I'd put it in the "Better than it has any right to be" category, but not quite at Mad Max levels.

Watched Drive on DVD. Not sure how I missed it the first time around.

Pretty good action flick. I like that they don't waste time with exposition and whatnot. It's an action film, show me don't tell me. I'd put it in the "Better than it has any right to be" category, but not quite at Mad Max levels.

Naked - Mike Leigh. I'd not seen this since it came out and all I could remember is the initial scene and the one with Johnny and the security guard.

It's a fucking horrible film, grim as fuck. Some of the performances are very theatrical I thought. I'd never seen David Thewlis before this and I imagine the security guard scene is still the best thing he's ever done. Watched it with my son and he thought it the most difficult thing he's had to watch. I could sense him flinching everytime Johnny got close to another female character. Mananging to find a shittier character in the landlord is quite something.

Back
Top Bottom