Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Never Let Me Go - beautiful but bleak film that won't leave my head. fantastic adaptation of the novel with some amazing english seaside locations. had a few itchy contact lens 'moments', esp towards the end. very very good film.

Never Let Me Go - beautiful but bleak film that won't leave my head. fantastic adaptation of the novel with some amazing english seaside locations. had a few itchy contact lens 'moments', esp towards the end. very very good film.

That left me largely cold tbh. Beautiful but empty.

I dunno, it's a decent story and all that, but somehow I couldn't connect. FWIW I've bawled to many a Disney/Pixar film.

Unstoppable - not bad, not taxing easy iykwim
Monsters - we weren't sure whether it was ok or shite ???

The first season of 'Oz', great series but it was one of those programes where I had to keep hold of the remote control to fast forward through the too gruesome bits, was good when that bloke shit on the Nazi's head and made him eat it though, he deserved that.

Picnic at Hanging Rock...I know some see this as a great film but it wasn't all that to me. Looked good, setting etc and managed to hold my attention but wasn't the masterpiece I'd expected, think I was in the mood for a bit more story rather than a lot of unanswered questions.

Watched that Bollwood one about the robot, (Robot) three sodding hours long. Entertaining as I am not familiar with the bollywood format, though I think it would be a bit draining if all films were like this. Love the jumping into crazy songs at a different location for no reason every so often.
Pretty dodgy moral philosophy at some points that I found shocking and suddenly drained the fun out of everything that gone before.

iT MIGHT GET loud Thought id give it a whirl seein as i play meself! Nope! couldnt warm to any of em if im honest. Maybe a wee bit fer Jack white! Just bored me feckless an ended up switchin it off. Ohh! maybe the part were Jimmy page is tellin us about what records influenced him while constantly doin the finger coke twitch wiv his nose! Silly auld git.//

Picnic at Hanging Rock...I know some see this as a great film but it wasn't all that to me. Looked good, setting etc and managed to hold my attention but wasn't the masterpiece I'd expected, think I was in the mood for a bit more story rather than a lot of unanswered questions.

I felt the same after watching that

Gullivers Travels.
Jack Black by numbers. Watchable (once) enough tat, but any fans of the book (that cant detach themselves) should maybe avoid. The only thing this has to do with Gullivers Travels is that Black is called Gulliver and travels somewhere.

Gullivers Travels.
Jack Black by numbers. Watchable (once) enough tat, but any fans of the book (that cant detach themselves) should maybe avoid. The only thing this has to do with Gullivers Travels is that Black is called Gulliver and travels somewhere.

I have this DVD at home but had not heard good things.
Harmless?

I have this DVD at home but had not heard good things.
Harmless?

It didn't make me angry but I was not expecting much. I kind of like JB so don't mind just watching him do his thing.
That bloke from the IT crowd (Chris o dowd?) was pretty good but beware there are a few small moments of Corden.

You, the Living - Swedish observations on life; kinda like Woody Allen meets Robert Altman
Chanbara Beauty - Spectacularly ripe Japanese B movie based on zombie pc game
The Crimson Petal & The White - Dark Victoriana knocking shops etc

Chanbara Beauty - Spectacularly ripe Japanese B movie based on zombie pc game

Shit game I'm told, people only play it to oogle the scantly clad ladies.
I nearly bought the DVD the other day on the strength of the same reasoning. Then thought it would be almost certainly shite.

Shit game I'm told, people only play it to oogle the scantly clad ladies.
I nearly bought the DVD the other day on the strength of the same reasoning. Then thought it would be almost certainly shite.

Astoundingly shite. I couldn't understand why the ladies (who fought the zombies) seemed to develop super powers along the way & then the missus explained it works like a pc game. I don't play pc games...

Currently watching "The Expendables"....shit film is shit.

isn't it?

i switched off 15mins in.
terrible.

Splicer - above average. very silly plot.

Cyrus - great first half. real funny. then it got lost and the 'conflict' between bf and son was kinda weak (as it was the cornerstone of the plot).

Devil - ummm, dunno what to make of it. reminded me of the old Outer Limits/ Twilight Zone, moralistic horrors of Hammer. OK but nothing special.

Oh watched that tron 2 thing too. Pretty forgettable stuff that I have pretty much already forgotten. Did Tron even make an appearance? I can only remember him being mentioned. I did like the computer generated young 'cloo' bridges though.

ooh, i have that to watch. i take it's pretty much a ronseal film?
i have just seen forbrydelsen episode 1 - pretty compelling but too early to say whether it's a danish wire or merely a danish midsomer murders

Land And Freedom which is Ken Loach's take on Homage To Catalonia to all intents and purposes. Didn't quite fill me with the revolutionary zeal I was hoping for really. Too melodramatic.

Oh watched that tron 2 thing too. Pretty forgettable stuff that I have pretty much already forgotten. Did Tron even make an appearance? I can only remember him being mentioned. I did like the computer generated young 'cloo' bridges though.

Tron was that real hard dude (who didn't speak much) with the two frizbees.
He was pretty much in it all the way through. And fell into water at the end.

Hot Tub Time Machine - I tried to like it.

Tron was that real hard dude (who didn't speak much) with the two frizbees.
He was pretty much in it all the way through. And fell into water at the end.

I must have fallen asleep or something, I remember no such hard dude or water falling. Was he played by the original Tron guy and made CGI young like clu?

Back
Top Bottom