Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

hah hah, you both made it to the end then. Most priapically pro military piece of 'sci fi' for a long fucking time. Makes Independence Day look like a good film.

I finished 'Ultramarines' which was also laughably bad. There was one good headshot and the CGI was fucking dire.

Frankly I only just made it. Wish I hadn't wasted nearly two hours on that horseshite. That's what I get for not being bothered with "proper" films on a braindead Sunday evening I suppose. Should've gone with Megamind instead!

The Chaser - South Korean thriller, I found the slow foot chases through the alleys highly entertaining, proving that a chase doesn't need to be a high-octane fueled, gun-toting experience to be exciting.

Neds - An intelligent lad gets fucked up by comprehensive school, family life and peer pressure. It reminded me a lot of some Mike Leigh and Shane Meadows films, gritty, depressing and provoking.

Frankly I only just made it. Wish I hadn't wasted nearly two hours on that horseshite. That's what I get for not being bothered with "proper" films on a braindead Sunday evening I suppose. Should've gone with Megamind instead!

I managed 20 minutes before realising that the imperial stormtroopers were going to win and the heroic oppressed aliens would be defeated. Had no stomach for more.

Neds - An intelligent lad gets fucked up by comprehensive school, family life and peer pressure. It reminded me a lot of some Mike Leigh and Shane Meadows films, gritty, depressing and provoking.

Is NEDS on dvd? or was it a torrent? The only torrent I can find is 20 minutes short.

Steamboy: Anime set in Victorian England by Katsuhiro Otomo who did Akira. Packed full of terrific action sequences and some great steampunk ideas. I watched the dubbed version featuring Anna Paquin (Sooky from True Blood) voicing the main character, a 13-year-old boy from Manchester. She's hilariously bad.

The Social Network -

Film about a rich bastard kid who fucks over his only true friend.
Thought it was great.

Finally got round to watching thee 80s hip hop film Krush Groove. The bits with Run DMC were good, especially them performing King Of Rock & It's Like That but the bits with The Fat Boys in were crap, they just come accrossas twats (at least in Dis-Orderlies was a comedy and they were mean't to be prats. Shame that LL & the Beasties only had very short cameos. Oh and Rick Rubin looked cool as fuck all through the film.

Better or worse since S1? I saw about half of S1 then couldn't be arsed as I hadn't the time.

I'm on season 3 but season 2 is also a little better than series 1. it started off as a one off but the popularity made them do more and games were well upped for series 2. The vampire copper, herrick is genuinly a good vampire. Not cool, not monsterous. Rather a loathesome creepy thing instead. Some lulz as well.

Hot Tub Time Machine: More Hollywood man-child fodder which underneath all the misogyny has a couple of decent laughs. Great 80s soundtrack, too.

Robin Hood, the uma thurman one. Epically cheesy death scene at the end. Uma when she first meets robin gets the line 'I've never had anyone make me beg them to stop' lol

Mindless Or Meeletu 2006 Estonian film. Gotta agree wiv der one review on IMDB Its probably the best film ive seen in yonks and yonks. Cinema doesnt get better dan dis. Kinda film ya watch and you find yerself thinkin about it fer days afterwards. Feck it im gonna say it again!!!! Its the best film ive ever seen!!!

Back
Top Bottom