Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

The Thing- reminds me of why I still rate carpenter.

'I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!' :cool:

I used to love it but watched it the other day and switched off before the end.
Maybe it's because I knew it too well. Anyway I have the live and P13 on DVD and I have never seen them so I look forward to those one day. EFNY could probably do with a watch too.

Murder Most Horrid - The Case Of The Missing
first episode on seesaw
sexist policemen, a murder that went in reverse (ravelled instead of unravelling), and Dawn completely failing to notice a village full of Masons (w/ Timothy Spall & Ian Patterson and co-written by Ian Hislop):D

followed by the first episode of Rastamouse on iplayer :):):):cool:

Black Swan....................still can't decide whether i liked it or not.................:hmm:

excuse me while I don't find that an excuse for representing street gangs as an untameable force for evil.

Well, look into it what you want. You're coming across a bit wanky to be honest :D. And it wasn't an excuse to what I don't believe has a point. Also considering that the punk who murders the young girl at the ice cream van at the beginning, is the skinny, gaunt gimp who is part of the Duke's entourage in Escape from New York.

do you recall that the street hordes make no noise even when being hosed down with flames? Just like the Orcs get no voice in LOTR

:D

That's the point. Not some conscious or unconscious racism. It's a long, hot summer's night. A disparate bunch of people (including a cop and con) have to learn how to trust each other to survive in the face of a siege from an enemy that they're not always sure are coming from, or how many of them there are. Suspense, uncertainty, an entertaining 90 minutes. It's got Carpenter's sparse dialogue, an ambiguous anti-hero theme and one of his most memorable scores. What's not to like?

Animal Kingdom...Aussie film about a kid who goes to live with his armed robber relatives after his Mum dies. It's a good film overall, kid who plays the lead turned out a good performance I thought.

Fantastic film - we watched it about 3 weeks ago and I had forgotten just how good it is, especially the ensemble cast and the effects, though nearly 30 years old now, are still pretty cool and effective.

I was flabbergasted when I found out this film was made 30 years ago..the effects etc....A remake would be unwelcome and pointless, much like An American Werewolf in London, which is also rumoured to be being remade with (God forbid) CGI.

Last night I watched Spike Lee's film 'She Hate Me'...pretty good.

Alice In Wonderland: The last Tim Burton film I really enjoyed was Corpse Bride so I wasn't expecting much from this. I ended up being pleasantly surprised - great cast (especially Helena Bonham Carter), fantastic visuals and a few decent laughs.

I was flabbergasted when I found out this film was made 30 years ago..the effects etc....A remake would be unwelcome and pointless, much like An American Werewolf in London, which is also rumoured to be being remade with (God forbid) CGI.

I re-watched it prompted by the thread. The effects aren't much different to all the other latex laden horror films of the 80's, reanimator being the one that springs to mind, although it is a good film.

I also watched The Fighter. Christian Bale plays a good crackhead and the rest of Micky's family come across as a pretty nasty bunch. A cracking real life story.

Montenegro A swedish film from the 80s! Really funny anawl,,,, i mean were der ya get ta see a toy remote control dildo tank ana forklift truck in the same scene. Eh! Genius////

Edge of Darkness - the Mel Gibson re-make, quite enjoyed it, well-done conspiracy nonsense - Mel on the rampage (which he does quite well :D)

Iron Man 2. Which had moments of wit and nice to look at ness. Not all of which involved Scarlett Johansson.

First half of True Blood, series 3. Which was all jolly good.

Half of "Kamikaze Girls" - really enjoyed what I saw but had to go to bed as was tired and ill. Mr. QofG's assures me that it continued in the same vein and he will be happy to watch it again so I can see the end!

Back
Top Bottom